or Connect

Posts by J2

I bought some Melissa & Doug whole wooden fruit/veggies and the cutting fruit/veggies. I'm definitely keeping the cutting food but am wondering if I should return the whole wooden food and get some cloth/felt food that I've recently seen. The felt food was cute, though M&D is very realistic looking. Any thoughts? I have a 1 year old and almost 4 year old.
Why is it that people think that giving a fever reducer helps you get better faster? Or even worse, why do some people think that if you have no symptoms, then you are no longer sick? (Like if you artificially lower your fever, then you aren't sick anymore. But obviously if you stopped the fever reducer the fever would still come back anyway.) I'm just getting pressure/flack from DH because I don't want to give our son a fever reducer for his 100-101 fever. He is on day...
Quote: Originally Posted by staceychev We have one like this that her grandfather built her (yes, I know how lucky we are!) and the size seems better for lasting longer. My 8 year old sister plays with it when she comes over. That is the type I originally liked and wanted. But then I started to see other cute ones at better prices too. Although I still love those all natural wood ones, I think I have decided to get this one which I think is...
I just looked up the Educo one...that is the same one Magic Cabin is selling. So your kids don't like it? Hmm... I think it is super cute! How is it size wise in your opinion? Wait...now as I found some other pictures of it online, I'm seeing that the sink doesn't look that great. Appears to have a picture of fake water in it. So, does that mean you can't actually put things INTO the sink? That seems to be part of what my daughter, age 1, loves to do. Hmm...I would...
Try this: http://www.magiccabin.com/product.as...dex=&pcode=890
Does anyone have this mini kitchen made by Educo sold? I found it at Magic Cabin but sells elsewhere too I'm gathering. http://www.magiccabin.com/product.as...dex=&pcode=890 How do you like it? I have a 1 year old girl and 3 year old boy. I want it to last for a long time and as both children get older as well. Thanks for any reviews! I am specifically looking for a wooden play kitchen. This one is cute with matching accessories.
I'm okay giving her fats. We did it for our son...even when he wanted to eat straight butter! I'm just trying to figure out if I should focus on healthy fats to see if it helps her growth or go ahead and do some testing since this has been ongoing since she was 2wks old.
She's totally fine with cognitive and motor skills. Developing just fine, just very small.
DD was over 9lbs when born and is now 16.5 lbs at 12 mos. She gained great in the first 2 weeks but has continued to decline in percentiles since then, not just in the past couple of months, which I have read is normal. She could still be finding her place on the chart, but hasn't found it yet and is still dropping percentiles (no longer on the chart for weight). So she hasn't really found a spot yet on the chart to then follow her own curve. Not sure what the Dr will say...
Fattening up a toddler w/ healthy fats may help with weight gain, but would it also help with length growth? My daughter (12mos) looks totally proportionate (not skinny), but she has continued to drop drastically on the charts in both weight and length. This has been ongoing from 2wks to now at 12mos, where she has now not grown anything in 2 mos and only grew a little in length, still dropping a lot in percentiles. So I'm not sure that just fattening her up is the issue...