or Connect

Posts by J2

I would like to take advantage of back to school sales. What sort of things may be needed for a 3.5-4.5 year old (preschool at home)?
Wel I didn't have to worry about this. DH quickly was okay with my desire to not have him go. And besides, the Dr told his wife that she shouldn't be there so much because they have an 8 month old daughter. So they sort of kicked her out. They are still not sure what is wrong but are testing for siwne flu. It is some virus that has now caused viral meningitis.
My husband wants to visit a friend in the hospital that is pretty sick. Latest update is that it is not bacterial so it is viral. They are thinking viral meningitis but are waiting on a viral dr or something. I am not into the idea of my husband visiting him. My husband says he may or may not be contagious. Since he obviously may be, I don't want my husband bringing home germs to our children, including my completely unvaxed 9 month old. Thoughts? Is my concern...
Weighing your baby while weighing yourself and then doing the math is really not very accurate. I and others have been known to go to the post office late at night when not many people are there and use the self service package kiosks. Early on, we'd wrap her in a blanket and lay her on the weigh area. Then weigh the blanket and do the math. Eventually she got too long to do that so we'd weigh her in her carseat carrier and subtract the weight of the carseat carrier.
He went to the Dr today. Not strep. So probably viral. I made him go this weekend instead of waiting though - I needed some peace of mind - I was worried about our kiddos!
Has anyone cured possible strep throat without antibiotics? Like maybe with garlic? It is very possible that my husband has strep throat. He has had a sore throat for a week now while we were out of town. He still has it. No cold like symptoms, except a little coughing earlier on. He has a couple of white spots that we can see. Of course its the weekend...so he would have to go to an after hours clinic to see anyone = more money. He doesn't want to be seen anyway....
I'm having difficulty with my 3 year old DS. I just keep getting so frustrated over things and just don't know what to do. He isn't cooperating very well and is just not listening well to us at all. Examples, if we ask him to be more quiet because DD is sleeping, he gets louder - even yells. If we ask him to stop such and such because its going to hurt his sister (she's 8mos), he still does it. If we ask him not to do such and such, he still does. Nothing that use to work...
My DS is 3 and does well wiping with a toddler flushable wipe when at home - when he actually does it. Lately he will not wipe himself. After seeing this thread I see that this may be an issue for a LONG time. So my question is...what do our kids do if they are somewhere without us? Like, preschool or a church sunday school class? I'm not sure someone at church would help him wipe if he had to go in the middle of church. Maybe they would come get me? They just started a 3...
She does not sleep very long on her own even at nights. And especially lately hasn't been sleeping too well and is unpredictable as to when she will wake up. We also have a 3 year old in the mix, but grandma is going to watch him while we go do something. And yes, I still like the idea of hiring an older teen to come with us. The waterfront is so nice. There is a pizza place right on the water front with outdoor seating. There are also huge porch like swings all along the...
Our anniversary is Saturday. I'm craving some alone time with DH - even just an hour! Yet I don't want to be fully away from my 8month baby, or at least not far. I don't need to do anything super special. Just a little time with DH is nice. So I thought of going to the waterfront, eating pizza, and enjoying the scenery and each other. We could hire an older teen to watch our baby and take her for a walk while we ate pizza outdoors. We would feel alone, but our baby...