or Connect

Posts by J2

There are a few high schoolers homeschooled and a couple elementary within the same family. So in total, I think only 3 families homeschool. 2 have high school age. 1 has older elementary through high scohol (they have 5 kids). So not even anyone with preschool or young elementary age. I wouldn't know the slightest thing about starting a homeschool group there. And I really wouldn't want to. I want to joi an established group and gain support myself. Also, remember, ir is...
Oh, and our church doesn't have a homeschool support group. It is too small for that, or rather, there are not enough homeschoolers there for that. And the homeschoolers that are there, well of course people find something to say about them "they are weird" "so and so can't spell and doesn't even care" etc etc. And some homeschoolers tried to join the school but quit after just a few days. So yeah, the bad examples stand out. But obviously there are bad things that can be...
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am already loosely affiliated with some homeschool groups. Will be moreso later, like not this fall but the following fall when he is 4. To the poster that mentioned tv, its not tv he is getting ideas about school from. Its the fact that we SO many people we know work at the private school affiliated with our church. DH works at the church and school so when we go visit, we are at the school. So he sees it a lot. Eventually I will have...
I'm trying to decide when to tell our family about homeschooling. And when to tell my son as well! DS is 3years old. DH works at a church and school. Everyone assumes DS will go to the private school (free since DH works there). FIL is the lead pastor. MIL used to work in the school. We haven't told them about HSing yet. I think my FIL might be offended that DS isn't going into the school. He may think it even looks bad that one of the staff members doesn't have his own...
She used to sleep just fine on her own. In fact, she would sleep better being laid down then she would in a sling. But for some reason she has changed and now is not napping well at all if I lay her down - if laying her down is even possible. I'll keep trying different things but its hard right now to have her not getting the rest she needs. And sometimes my 3 year old doesn't want to nap anymore either. sigh It makes for a tired momma!
that doesn't work here. He can walk in to where we are with white noise or music and his talking still wakes her. :-(
DD (7mos) only wants to / is able to sleep in my arms or sling right now. Problem is, I have a 3 year old. And he ends up waking her up. it doesn't take much. Even in the sling she needs it quiet or a consistent louder noise. So the 3 year olds sudden noises wake her. So...I'm not sure how to help my daughter nap. I'd keep her in the sling, but she really won't stay napping that way unless I'm not around my 3 year old. I try white noise, as that use to work wonders. But...
It is important to make sure baby doesn't sleep too long in the beginning. Baby does need to eat and help bring in the milk. Not eating often enough can affect milk supply, weight gain, and be a risk for jaundice. And then its a cycle because jaundice makes babies sleepy and sleepy babies don't want to wake to nurse but they need to nurse to help the jaundice. Not a good cycle. It may be a wise idea to wake a sleeping baby to nurse or even just nurse them while they...
I'm in the same boat...my DD, now 7mos, has been dropping down at every WBV. She is currently in the 14th percentile but started in the 80's. Dr hasn't been concerned yet but did say at the 6mo check that she has plateued and we will watch to see if it goes back up at 9mos. Breast milk has more calories per ounce than other food. So adding solids will not necessarily help weight gain. The exception is avocado, which does have more calories than breast milk. My DD LOVES...
It's happening less now, but in the beginning there was so m uch stuck up there that she couldn't nurse. I had to swipe her mouth to get the food out so she could nurse.