or Connect

Posts by Maddy123

I wouldn't! You should LOVE it with all your heart before you buy it! Of course, no one can really say but you... Good luck. House hunting is stressful, but it's also fascinating to imagine yourself in different places.
You can do a lot in 2 minutes... I've been instituting a "two minute plus carry" routine and I think it helps a lot. The second I walk into a room, I take 2 minutes to do anything that needs doing (load the dishwasher, wipe off a counter, whatever for 2 minutes). During that 2 minutes, if I see anything that goes in another room, I group or stack the items that need to go. Then I do whatever I came into the room to do in the first place (fix a snack? ). If you...
The book _Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a day_ is a really good book. I use their technique and it is easy. It does take only about 5 minutes to mix the ingredients. (There is more time involved in the rising and cooking, of course.) But it is a simple method and makes great bread. The idea is that you make up a bunch of dough and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You take off a chunk and let it rise and cook it when you want bread. No breadmaker...
Only you know your true financial situation, so I would not let relatives or friends push you into anything. If you do buy, consider budgeting an extra $200 or so a month for maintenance and other costs (more if you have it). So if your mortgage was $1000, pretend it is $1200 a month, and send the extra $200 to a "home" account (like a money market or something). Use that money to maintain your home and to buy things for it. I realize there are many ways to...
I would just buy the frozen chopped onions and call it a day. After all, you have a medical condition! I've never even seen frozen chopped onions anywhere I shop, but I've heard tell of them in other locales.
Maybe your prof just made a mistake. It happens. Maybe the professor gave everyone points? Maybe check with another student, as someone else suggested. I would probably ask the prof about it, but it's up to you, of course. Sometimes Blackboard (or other online teaching platforms) goes a little wonky. I have had some strange experiences grading work on Blackboard.
Fun thread! Really like having: --high-speed internet --satellite/tivo --hair cut and colored by a pro (but I go way too long in between, to save money. If I really had $$, I'd have it done more frequently). also, the occasional Starbucks espresso drink
I do a lot of the things that others have mentioned. Also, our pantry door is painted with blackboard paint, and I put the evening's meal and also tomorrow's meal on the blackboard. I think it helps the family to see what we're having, and it reminds me also. I keep a more detailed list of the week on the fridge. I don't always plan out each meal for what night, but I try to have a general idea. If I know we are going back out for something, I'll try to plan...
Count me in as someone who finds going to the store more often as easier. I have never done the "once a month" thing, but I have tried two weeks at a time. I just *hated* having all that food to shop for and load up. I also feel less stressed about getting everything I need when I know I'll be back soon. When I let go of the feeling of having to get everything in the store in one trip, I relaxed more. I do meal plan, and I try to get around 4 meals in a trip. But...
I do get discouraged sometimes. There are a couple of things I need done on my car and they are expensive. We recently had a new roof put on, and though insurance covered a big chunk of it, it was still costly. Also, I tend to think of big vacations or significant remodeling projects as things OTHER people do...not things we do. That's a little sad in a way. I would like to re-do a few things in my kitchen (not even a big remodel), but even that would cost...