or Connect

Posts by EarthyMamaofDaisy

I get a lot of great stuff from the free table at our town dump.  Most of my kids' toys and books come from there.  I also sometimes get new in package things I can use as gifts,especially in the week after Christmas.  I got a stroller and bouncy seat for our baby on the way and I even found an extra stroller to bring to the consignment shop.  Oh and sometimes I find things I can sell on Craigslist.
Hey Mamas, I haven't posted here in sooo long.  But I was reading some posts the other day and noticed FS were being reduced.  I hadn't heard about this but was online this week doing my FS recert and I saw that I had some new notices I hadn't read.  They are supposed to email me to let me know when I have a notice but I haven't been getting the emails apparently :(  Anyway my FS are going from $344 to $311 in November.  We have a baby due October 24 so hopefully our...
My kids see Dr Oteri at Wholistic Family Wellness but I don't think she's currently taking new patients. My kids have also been to Dartmouth Hitchcock in Manchester and Nashua Pediatrics in Milford and no one gave me a hard time about not vaxing.
I think we spend about $650 or maybe even more.  We are two adults and two kids.  The kids have multiple food allergies and organic fruits and veg are their main snacks.  My husband eats conventional unhealthy food so I save money there.  I have to order my kids' bread from FL and I spend over $100 per order in order to make the shipping more reasonable so that's a big expense we have every couple months.  I get a lot of our shelf stable food from Vitacost, iHerb and...
I love the fridge and freezer ideas!
My husband is the same way!  He will off and on let me be in control of the money because I put bills before fun things but right now he is deciding how the money gets spent and it's so frustrating!    So today I felt like a horrible mom.  The electric rates are crazy high in NH and they just increased the rates this month.  Our bill went up to $100 this month and we have a tiny 2 bedroom one bath home.  So I was telling my daughter that we need to make sure we keep...
My husband used to steal my credit cards and run them up.  The only thing I could do was to cancel them.  I cancelled them before paying them off so that he couldn't add any new charges.   His credit is too horrible to get a credit card so as long as I have no credit cards he can't run up any more debt.  We have been debt free for a few years now and he finally understands my pov of not wanting credit cards any more.
Hi Mamas, I haven't posted on this thread in a realllllly long time.  We've back on foodstamps for over a year now.  There was an issue a couple months ago where my husband changed jobs and they never took his old job out of the computer so they completely cut us off from foodstamps and Medicaid for the kids and it was really stressful.  I have a new caseworker and she needed tons of paperwork and I had to completely reapply for everything.  I have never had a caseworker...
My kids are allergic to milk (plus a bunch of others) but some good meals are fried rice, chile, homemade chicken fingers, French toast made with coconut milk with a fruit topping.
I use diluted Dr Bronner's tea tree oil combined with a generic magic eraser.  We have horrible turquoise water stains that accumulate and the magic eraser takes it off so easily.  I use a microfiber cleaning cloth for wiping down the mirror.  I use a nasty, disposable chemical toilet brush cleaning thing but it's because I'm so OCD about having dirty toilet brushes in the bathroom so that's why I use disposable.  No trash can for us either.  For mopping I have a...