or Connect

Posts by EarthyMamaofDaisy

Can you post pics so I can get an idea of what they look like?  I used to get lost in all the food containers but now I try to hold off on grocery shopping until most of the food is eaten, instead of going weekly out of habit.  Also meal planning helps me to prevent having a bunch of random ingredients hanging around my cabinets cluttering them up.
We just switched from GoL to the Right Foods Kids Complete.  They are really tiny and my kids are able to swallow them.  They are whole food based.  We also use cinnamon flavored fermented cod liver oil which my kids hate, but they begrudgingly eat.
Worthy that would be so awesome if he bought the house!   I had a small miracle happen.  For the past 6 years or so I've been continually listing a piece of furniture on Craigslist that wouldn't fit into my house. It's been in my parents' basement.  Anyway I finally sold it!!!  I saw my Mom for a bit today.  She's ruthlessly going through her things to move.  She looked like she was going to cry, she's having a rough time parting with her posessions.  My parents are...
I use my ipod touch for everything.  The speakers have an alarm function but I just use a little battery operated alarm clock.  I mostly listen to Pandora as I've gotten rid of most of my old CD's I was tired of listening too.  We have a DVD player but rarely watch TV anymore so I'd like to just get down to using the laptop for the occasional DVD from the library or a netflix membership.
I'm jealous of you guys moving to the PNW!  Either that or Colorado is where I'd like to move to.  No idea where we will live once this house sells.    I said awhile ago that I was done decluttering.  Ha! I got invited to be in a multi-family yardsale so I packed up a huge box of the more expensive things I hadn't wanted to donate.  Yardsale is in 2 weeks.  Also my DD had a huge growth spurt and so far I have 2 bags of clothes to give to a friend.  I need to finish...
I know where I live adults can't get Medicaid unless disabled, pregnant, elderly, on TANF or refuge.  We get Medicaid and SNAP but there is a limit to how much savings you can have  in the bank for SNAP so you'll probably have to spend down your 401K first.  I think we are allowed $3,000 in cash.  Can't remember for sure though since we never have that much cash on hand!  Many states now have online applications which is MUCH easier than sitting around a DHHS office all...
I have 2 kids who share a teensy bedroom.  My son's dresser is in the bathroom and my daughter's is in their room.  Most of their toys are in small plastic containers under their bunk beds.  They also have 2 small plastic dressers in their room for toys and art supplies.
You guys are all doing so great!!!    The charity truck came through town this morning, it took away 3 trash bags and one huge box from my front steps.    My parents finally came up with a timeline for selling the house.  They think they will be listing it sometime in the January-April 2013 range.  So I guess I have 9 months to a year to get the house in sellable condition.  At this point it's almost as decluttered as it can be.  Next I need to start working on...
Throwing those rocks sounds like fun!  And a good way to let off the stress of decluttering.   The lady came today for the woodstove so that's one less thing in the yard.  I've got another small pile of stuff to get rid of too.  Once the warmer weather is here to stay I need to go through the kids' summer clothes to see what they can wear again this summer and what is too small.
My kids share one of the tiniest rooms ever.  We have an Ikea metal bunkbed and they keep their stuffed animals on it.  Under their bed are the bins of duplos and those little Sterilite plastic snap on lid containers with different categories of toys.  In the closet is just enough room for one of those bookcases that can hold the fabric square bins.  We have my DD's dresser and on top she stores her fairy colection.  We also have one of those 3 drawer Sterilite dressers...