or Connect

Posts by Proverbs31

That's good to know! I would consider Pentacel if she were younger, but at 2.5 years old (just getting started with vaxing) she only needs 1 Hib. Its such a tough choice; I'm willing to make the extra appointments and co-pays to space the doses out... but I am also concerned about how she would emotionally handle that many injections, kwim? Plus in all honestly I'm still rather shocked that we're going to be vaxing at all I thought we'd closed the door on that one a long...
Anyone have thoughts on Pediarix vs. separate DTaP, hepB and polio? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with so many vaccines at once... but the idea of 3 injections instead of 9 is tempting...
I must admit, the one about TV watching made me chuckle; my autie has been absolutely terrified of the TV since he was an infant... guess I can rule that one out
There is no exemption form for adults; the state exemption form is only for daycare, preschool, and K-12 (public, private and parochial). For post-secondary students, she can still apply for an exemption directly at the school, but she would have to find out from the school what their procedure is. Most likely, she'll have to write a letter explaining her personal religious beliefs regarding vaccinations. Her best bet is to contact Gary Krasner (at the Coalition For...
And don't mention the polio series unless you are specifically asked about previous vaxes; since your dd got the series in another country there may not be a way for the school to even track it, since at this point NY can only track vaccines administered in NY.
I thought it was viral meningitis?
Quote: Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 I was basically meaning that with something that is viral the body can fight it off on itsown with little to no help, where as when you get a bactirial infection you need help to fight it. The body needs the assistence of anti-biotics to fight it off and recover. Not necessarily. Some bacterial infections (pertussis and salmonella, for example) only need time and proper treatment to recover. Yes some do...
Quote: Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 The thing is that this isn't about germs. Germs are a normal part of life and need to be in our enviroment, within reason of course. This is about Bactiria, and Bactiria no matter how you spin it, are bad. A healthy GI tract is loaded with bacteria, breaking food down into absorbable vitamins and minerals, and actually helping prevent disease. In fact, at this very moment you are crawling with 10 times as...
Quote: Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 But it is the same thing, at least for measles, because as much as people think that measles is no big deal, its like a cold, its not. It can, and does cause long term damage, including blindness and deafness and even death. Common? no but it does and has happend. What I am saying is people will go out their way to avoid vaccines that might cause a reaction, but they don't concider that there could be reactions...
Quote: Originally Posted by lacysmommy Yes, I would. I read recently that there is a correlation between natural immunity to measles and lower rates of allergies. Yep. http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ract/123/3/771