or Connect

Posts by Proverbs31

Conspiracy theories? Is that what we're calling a healthy level of skepticism these days? Nevertheless: Quote: Originally Posted by stacyann_1 Other areas I read about are Breastfeeding and co-sleeping, and to me everything I read makes me glad my 3 year old twins nurse and co-sleep. And everything I read makes me glad my son is intact.. With breastfeeding, co-sleeping and non-circing, I would venture to say that you have received...
Quote: Originally Posted by shuttlt But it isn't an obvious link to all parents of autistics. I've talked at length with a bunch of parents and people with aspergers who are absolutely against Wakefield, Jenny McCarthy and all that. I don't know how representative they are, but they felt ambivalent about the possibility of a cure. Their autism was who they/their children were. I'd venture to guess that they aren't dealing with violent, injurious...
I'm a bit new to the Wakefield controversy, so I am confused about the point of the retraction... his 1998 study didn't implicate the MMR, so what was there to retract?
Quote: Originally Posted by BethSLP You'll also notice in the NYTimes link that a "conscientous objector" legislation has been introduced in NY. That bill has been submitted year after year but it never even gets voted on.
Nope. I believe that God designed our bodies to withstand disease and it is our responsibility to do all we can to keep our immune system functioning properly.
I cannot believe they honestly think that: 1. chicken pox parties are about convenience (um, it doesn't get any more convenient than stopping by the pedi's office for a shot) 2. the vaccine doesn't have its own set of risks Its CHICKENPOX, for pete's sake. You know, oatmeal baths, oven mitts duct taped to your hands...
ANYWAY, back to the radio broadcast: how incredibly ignorant and disrespectful. There are just no other words.
Pretty much everday for about 3 years.
Quote: Originally Posted by plunky Boosters, while a good idea and supported by the medical community, are not required by law/society in the same way that child vaccinations are. Society is choosing to attempt to get herd immunity without boosters being required. Reasonable people could suggest that boosters _should_ be required, but since they are not, they are irrelevant. And it is ironic when non-vaxers suggest that boosters should be required,...
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmaofthree just out of curiosity - what did you find to be the most influential piece of information that convinced you not to vaccinate? For me it was mainly based on the Pink Book, but the one thing that really cemented it for me was the book "Polio: An American Story" The beginning of the book has me scared poopless... but by the end I realized that I could never trust the vaccination program with my children's...