or Connect

Posts by vermontgirl

Of course children manipulate! They may be pure and precious, but they are still little human beings. If they see that they can control a room, or get what they want by acting a particular way they will keep doing it. I have seen it time and time again and have had friends who go along with it all in the name of gentle parenting. I believe in gentle parenting, and I consider myself to be a gentle parent but I also believe that I am in fact the parent and my job is to...
  Manipulation screams are. Especially when they have learned that they will get whatever they want, or control the room by screaming that way. 
The cause is typically behavioral. A child screaming this way because of intense pain is a rarity. 
This sounds really gentle and sweet, but I think it is important for kids to know that they are not the only ones in the room and also that they are not the only ones who matter. I personally don't like to hear high pitched screaming. It gives me a headache and kills my nerves. Everyone in the room other than the child would feel this way no matter where you are. Remove them from the room. Give them love, but make sure there is somewhere they are put when they do this...
I have two young children and a third on the way. I was balancing working, being a student, taking care of the children and being pregnant. My home was never filthy. Now I have just dropped one thing, which is the job. My house has toys on the floor, but i would not have a cat if I couldn't clean up after it or keep the cat litter in check. I would never have a bathroom with such filth, or that many dirty dishes. This woman sounds like she needs some serious help. I would...
I did! It is natural and it works really well. Good luck mama! 
  I can understand that your issue was pain, but with children this age it is usually behavioral. Even if the child was in pain, the screaming would make it worse and I think it would be important to help the child communicate without screaming. Can you imagine what screaming would do to a migraine? I would still do the same thing even if it was chronic pain. Screaming just doesn't help at all. 
Hi there,    I am having my third baby and am planning my second home birth. The first one went very smoothly, and I could have truthfully done it without a midwife. The only tough part was the placenta, which took a whole hour to come out. I am feeling just so excited to do this one quietly without much assistance. I have a wonderful midwife, and she is happy to be hands off...I am thinking about when to call her. I could call her right away and have her there for...
Thanks! I am not taking a prenatal vitamin (besides the prenatal DHA) and I really want to make sure that I am getting all the food groups in. I do treat myself sometimes to a pastry or some dark chocolate.