or Connect

Posts by vermontgirl

This is my feeling as well. In my circle, when a mother has an infant who is still very much in the sling (womb) it is assumed that the mother and baby go together in all cases. In other words, the baby is not really considered an individual person yet but a part of the mom. In other words, mom gets invited somewhere, baby goes. To invite mom and assume that she will leave her infant child behind who is ALWAYS with her is sort of sad and in my opinion, messed up. You are...
I cannot imagine being away from any of my children, especially knowing they are in danger. I can only offer love and empathy and advice to go fight for him and do whatever it takes. You are his mama, and you should be a warrior and do everything that you can to save him. I personally wouldn't be able to sleep, eat, bathe...anything until I knew my child was safe.    Good luck, and please please fight. 
My daughter is 5, so I haven't crossed this bridge yet.    I think I would offer her the opportunity to wear bra's, probably comfortable sports bra's or t-shirt bra's but not force it. I like to wear a bra, but a lot of women don't and that is really their choice. I have never been offended by the visual of someone else choosing not to wear a bra, and if a guy is gawking at a young ladies chest...seems like his disgusting issue. Should I really force my daughter to wear...
Do not allow him to change her diaper or even be around her until he cleans up his act. You need to be the mama bear and protect your sweet little baby from this very strange behavior. It is harmful, scary and simply not ok. Ultimatums work. "You may not be around our baby until this stops." It seems harsh, but it is not. 
Our little guy went through this and I obsessed over it! He went SO long without pooping at 2-3 months. Our doctor recommended karo syrup and we skipped it. I did try a teeny bit of prune juice and it didn't help. I eventually did end up using teeny suppositories at his most uncomfortable and he would poop before it dissolved meaning that just putting it in there stimulated him to poop. He poops about twice a week now at 5.5 months. Still not perfect, but may just be his...
Have you tried different sleep positions? From day one, our little guy would not sleep on his back. It is the recommended sleep position for infants but just simply did not work for Pip. 
Have her help put spray stain remover on her underpants.    Force her to wipe. Keep wet wipes in the bathroom and monitor her wiping. If you find out that she didn't wipe and some time has gone by, make her change her underwear, spray stain remover on the old ones and wipe herself with a wet wipe before continueing whatever she is doing.    Also definitely have her take a bath every day.    I would be firm and not allow her to get away with this. Trust me. You...
I have the one from novanaturals. It is not the one that was recalled.    I tried to use it with my daughter and she hated it. We ended up lowering it down for our then two year old (now 7 year old) to swing on. He had sensory issues and it ended up being his little safe haven. When he needed "that feeling" he would run over and lay on it on his belly and use his feet to push himself off the wall over and over and swing. I hadn't thought to use it with my newest one who...
 She wasn't lugging a car seat around (though I agree with you on that philosophy) and what happened was pretty typical albeit frightening. I don't think she needs your advice on how to carry her baby. I am sure that she is a wonderful mother who has done something that many of other wonderful mothers have done. This is a post that needs encouragement, support and similar stories to back up the fact that she is a good mother and what happened has happened to many others on...