or Connect

Posts by captivatedlife

Hugs A&A. If there's one things parents are, it is flawed. Hopefully you successfully feed you and yours with respect! I teach an Early Childhood class and am amazed by the thing people use to get their kids to eat. And they think it's ok because their parents did it- it's a never ending cycle. Good luck and may peace follow you on your journey!
I would put that in the category of sensory disorder. Lots of people are picky though because they don't prefer something. I've been able to get preschoolers to try things just because they know it's a safe place that they wouldn't touch at home because their parents were fine with them not eating it! At school we'd talk about the plant it came from, show pictures, talk about the taste and texture, make graphs about it etc.Life is hard and while I never advocate or...
I love all the posts! I have taken a break with the holidays, but an already looking through my seeds for what I'm doing next year! What is everyone else doing?
If you're tight on money (we are) think outside the box. (FWIW - I am a WOHM and I still cook everything from scratch..... well, now we buy crackers and occassionally bread but I make everything else).   On Picky Kids: unless there is a reason for pickiness (sensory disorder), my thoughts is that they will be picky if we let them. If they know you won't make them eat the meal, and you'll let them have something else, they will be picky. E is 6 and she eats everything...
I've cut back drastically! Adults do NOT need gifts so they don't get them. Dd and the nieces get gifts. I generally give art and craft supplies to the nieces I would buy tshirt markers and tshirts. I would buy paint and paper. I go to michaels and buy one thing a week with coupons so everything would be half off. I make most everything for the gifts, candy, treats, etc. Sometimes the " magic" of Christmas is what you can pull together based on nothing; the gift of...
 - extra thrifty  - no spend  - normal expense  - unplanned extra - poor choice - crafted / christmas presents made  - I'm a WOHM , married with 1 almost 6 year old kid. Whew.   Goal: No spend except for 1 gallon milk, a few fresh vegetables (garden is still putting out lettuce, chard, beets, but houseguest eats a SAD diet and I want him to have something for Sunday and Monday!) and cheap turkeys at the end of the month!   I'm here...
[=http://providentliving.org/bc/providentliving/content/english/self-reliance/food-storage/home-storage-center-order-form/pdf/123141_HSC_OrderFormUS_EngNov2011_pdf.pdf?lang=eng]Everyone has such good ideas! If you can bring in a little money(borrow from family, holiday gifts to you, wash your neighbors windows, whatever!) I would stock up on some pantry items. First, beans, dried milk, rice! Sugar, oats, dried eggs or flax seed for baking. I am NOT LDS but I would go to...
Great job!
I used to do a lot of swapping on MDC but it moves so slow for the last 2 years that I stopped. I'm interested in finding a place to swap natural,handmade goods (especially reverse swaps where you list what you have and then send a list to the organizer to choose what you want off other peoples lists!) like waldorf, Montessori, etc. I made soaps, dye yarn, can fabulous jams, sew and knit and love to swap to fill out my holidays! I miss it! Where do you or people you know...
It took 2 years but after loosing his job and now getting paid half of what he used to, DH is on board! Of course now he makes half of what he made before..... My dd is in a private school and that is our one nonnegotiable expense. And it's a big expense. We just got rid of out AT&T cell phones and are going with page plus ( 42 instead of the 170 we were spending!). We still. Have Netflix and Internet- I would have a hard time giving up Internet as I help my daughter with...