or Connect

Posts by Cujobunny

^ Ummmm .... I...... uhh...... wow.
I'm in Toronto as well- I have a 7 year old ds in grade 2 French Immersion. We had him tested privately. He was always obviously bright but he had also been showing some concerning traits and his pediatrician wanted to rule out Asperger's and ADHD as well as have him tested for giftedness. It is pricey (ours was $1800) but some of that will be covered by my husband's benefits through his employer.   The benefits to having him tested are that we were able to rule out...
I just wanted to let you know that I totally think you did the right thing in emailing the principal and speaking to the bus driver. My kids take a bus to school too as they are in French Immersion and the school is too far to walk. My ds had problems with a boy teasing him & I let the principal know right away, I told my ds everything I was doing to help stop it. I also gave him plenty of tools to help himself but his problem is that he wants to hang out with the older...
I'm in Toronto too, southwest Scarborough. I used to be a lot more active on these boards but with 3 little ones now and I babysit my 16mo niece all week I barely have time to think lol
For me it did.    After our first 2, dh was happy to be done, but I was still feeling like there was one more baby that needed to be born from me. Even though I was enjoying a lot of freedom once our second was out of babyhood and I started to think that maybe yeah, I might be ok with being done after 2, we hummed and hawed a little too long about a permanent approach to birth control and BAM- preggo with #3. I never had more mixed emotions in my life. I was so...
Hi from another Feb/11 mama!!   I haven't had it happen with this baby (yet?) but it happened with both my older kids when they were babies. They were fine. I was in way worse shape than they were LOL
I definitely noticed a change in my eating habits when I first started my firstborn on solids. We started eating wayyyy less processed stuff.   My ds is 7.5 months & started solids at 6 months. He's liked everything I've given him which so far is:   Sweet potatoes Squash Peas Avocado Banana Applesauce Oatmeal Brown rice Turnip Peaches Grapes (peeled and broken up small and fed from my...
Oh mama- big hug to you!! First time parenthood is wrought with these anxieties and fears, you are definitely not alone- heck I had these fears with my third!!! When they are able to roll onto their tummies on their own, it's safe to let them sleep that way. They are then at the age where they have enough neck strength to move their head if they can't breathe. This according to our pediatrician of whom I asked the very same question 3 months ago :)   I think you will...
My baby is 5.5mos but I have 2 older kids. When he wakes up he spends some time on a blanket on the floor and I hang out with him before the other kids get up. He then usually spends some time in his doorway jumper (which he LOVES) while we eat breakfast. Then he goes for his first nap. After that, it's anything goes. Like a pp said, basically he's my shadow. He takes 4 or 5 naps each day, each one is 30-60 minutes long so I usually do dishes or clean whatever while he's...
My 9 wk old has had some congestion for about a wk and I have really good luck with saline drops up the nose. It clears him out enough so he can eat & sleep.