or Connect

Posts by paganmum

I just started covering a little over a month ago. It's been forever since I have been to mothering and a web search on the subject brought my attention to this. I'll see if I can get some pictures. So far I am using this style the most. Only difference is that after I get it wrapped I pull some of the back looser so that it looks a little snoodish and then tuck the loose ends in. I really need more scarves though. For me there are a lot of reasons but you ladies...
It has been quite a while since I have been here. You guys helped me figure things out with my middle kiddo (DD1) about two years ago now. Since getting the official diagnosis, getting turned down by the idiots in the local school district for therapy assistance (we home school), and discovering the not only were Dd1 and I mirrors of each other but that we both needed to go gluten free things are on an even keel..... For Dd1 and me that is. *sigh* I know Ds (the...
If memory serves there is a split in the community of parent with kids who are on spectrum or close to it about Autism Speaks. The reason I am looking to refresh my memory is because it seems that someone from that group is coming to the local university to speak about "red flags" to look for in children. The information is getting passed around to all the parents lists. I remember hearing some pretty negative things about this group. Am I recalling this correctly?
*bump*
Thank you much, both of you! I will be passing this on.
All of the above. I'm sorry that I wasn't very clear. I was wrestling a little one in my lap who wanted to help type. Basically I've been asked for everything and anything that can be passed on. Seems there is a running line of folks in the family that land somewhere on spectrum so she is wanting to get her research in. She's in her early 20's with her own health issues and wants to research all the possible sides of the issue since she has a fairly new little...
I've read a lot of information on the mothering boards about gluten sensitivity and celiac and how it can effect your health that lead me to go GF and I feel tons better now. The down side is that in me pre GF fuzzy brained state I didn't book mark anything I read and I now have friends who have similar health issues would want to read up and see if GF might be a good thing to at least try for them as well. Can anyone post links to good information about the negative...
I was wondering if anyone could post links to information about food issues and spectrum like behavior or being on spectrum? I know that I have seen a lot of good stuff in the past but the search feature doesn't work for me and a friend has asked me to pass anything I've read on to her. TIA
OK I have the all time great mental debate going. I am still pretty new at being GF. I have also switched one of my kids to GF, and we have decided that we feel so much better this way that we aren't going back. Now there is the need to stock GF stuff for us as soon as we get the chance. But, there is the push to buy local vs buying from those who can assure me that the products that I'm going to buy to use are actually GF. I would love to go to places like the local...
Well s far what I've gotten (from a local friend and online) it isn't a viper! That is good to know. There is a neat color pattern (really faint but there) in the skin so I have that to go by as well. I just can't believe that my state hasn't put up a way to identify critters online. They don't even have a full list on line of the differant kinds of snakes in the state. I just told Dh that it was a skin from a garden snake since we are in a *kind* of urban area....