or Connect

Posts by paganmum

What is IDEA? If I may ask. I'm curious! I don't agree with states starting programs so that they can later use them to control how things are done. but at the same time I am one (since we are pretty poor, no quite low income but can't quite affort supplies regularly) I'm all for using sources that our taxes go into. I hope that mkes sense. I would love to find a way to take some of the stress off of Dh (the money maker at the moment) when it comes to figuring out...
Thank you! I have been looking around the special needs board. I hadn't thought of cross posting. I think that we will be doing a *loosely* structured routine. Right now my biggest obstical is that Ds (6yo) and Dd (5yo) might as well be twins. They are so close developmentally and it *really benefits them when I teach them at the same level since Dd loves challenges (and thrives on being gently pushed to work above her level and Ds will dig in and backtrack if pushed...
I just joined the mothering sote, and it is nice to see that there is someplace to come to talk about special needs. My one known special needs child is my middle child (dd) who just turned 5yo! She was *finally* diagnosed with SID (sensory itigration dysfunction) about six months ago after a lot of fighting with Dh/MIL/pedi that there was something wrong. On Dh's part he was worried more so that there would be the automatic need to "drug her up" and we both agreed...
I'm kind of curious if anyone else in the HSing department is working with a child who has special needs. About six months ago my middle child was diagnosed with sensory intigration dysfunction. Up until a couple of weeks ago we were working with a occupational therapist through the local developmental services center, sad part is that they can only work with children up to when they turn 5yo due to funding issues. We've been told my the schools that they will provide...
My name is Unity. I am a stay at home mom to three wonderful, yet sometimes trying, children. My oldest (ds) is 6, my second (dd) just turned 5 and is special needs having been diagnosed to sensory intigration disfunction, and my littlest (dd) is 2.5. We are homeschooling, and I enjoy many hobbies when time permits. I can't wait to get to know you all!