or Connect

Posts by paganmum

OK Dd1 seems to have an itching issue. She is scratching at her head or some other part of her body *constantly*. She isn't showing signs of an eczema flare up (her skin gets rough when that is happening). but for the life of my I can't figure out what is going on. Could this be a new issue with her SID and possibly being on spectrum (she also recently started hitting herself in the head when mad or frustrated)? Or is this a sign that I need to restrict her diet a...
Mine came saturday while we were out of town. The poor mailman had to wedge it into our little mailbox. Dh was trying to figure out what the huge thing in my arms was. I told him homeschool catalog and he started drooling.
Thank you very much for your thoughts. They have helped in turn. I was diagnosed with FAP/GS (familial adonal polyposis sp? specifically the Gardner's syndrome variant) my kids may or may not have it. I'm hoping they don't but only time will tell. I completely agree with you that something that may work for one person isn't going to always help another. For Dd1 and her possibly being on spectrum (as well as my possibly being on spectrum) diet and therapy in...
OK, I have a SN Dd. But until yesterday I had never thought that I was really in the realm of special needs until Dh and I had a conversation on our way home from a family weekend trip. I was kind of hoping to toss some thoughts out and get some other opinions on it all. Long story short I have one genetic condition that I inherited from my father, one I inherited from my mom, the possibility of being on spectrum (could come from either side) but we are waiting to...
I'm sorry that the farmer's market didn't go well for you this week. I used to work my mom's farmer's market booth (she did knitted goods) and there are going to be weeks like that where it seems all the grouchy picky folks are out. I have to agree though that the more variety you have the better you will do. The weeks where my mom didn't add to or replace items that sold we didn't do as well. And trust me She made a *lot* (we're talking 4-6 rubbermaid bins, like...
My Dd1 is light sensitive but she also refuses to wear a hat or sunglasses. I wish I had advice for you. Dd1 (5.5yo) will now wear sun glasses around the house but still doesn't wear them outside. I am light sensitive and I almost constantly live in my sunglasses. I hated the years that I had to wear Rx glasses and we couldn't afford Rx sun glasses to go with.
LOL! OK I feel better now. Looks like as of today any minor injuries that she gets worked up about get the "it's just a flesh wound!" response. Seems to get her snapped back to reality pretty quick and it has the bonus of her giggling. I want her to giggle more. She needs to giggle more it's so cute and infectious. I was watching some Python clips on youtube.com and the "It's and ex parrot!" part of the dead parrot sketch got her rolling as well. She was...
ba-dump
OK it is seeming that Dd1has a really cool sense of humor (at least in my oppinion) Since Dh discovered that one of the best ways to snap her out of a screaming fit is to run through this series of questions. Dh "what is your name?" Dd1 "B..." Dh "what is your cereal number?" Dd1 "300 frosted flakes" (she came up with this on her own. LOL!) Dh "what is the mean air speed of a coconut laden swallow?" Dd1 "African or European?" (dh did teach her that part after she...
I agree that they both could be connected to SID. A note about the backyard though..... It might not be space but something visual or auditory. There has only been one back yard that we had that Dd1 would not go out in, or she would stick to me like glue unless I took my little radio/cd player outside with us and played a specific cd. That backyard had neighbors to the right and left of us an a concrete yard (they made industrial sized concrete tubing for the city...