or Connect

Posts by BugMacGee

Hi.  I haven't posted on MDC in a while but I'm struggling at my job.  I'm a NICU RN in a unit that circ's.  In the almost 5 years there, I have seen a number of really serious complications occur.  Profuse bleeding being the most common though we recently had a partial amputation.  Yjese babies go through so much.  We spend so much time keeping them out of pain and watching for bleeding only to circ them!!!  I don't get it! Fortunately, we are a fairly low circ area,...
Hi!  I'm a NICU nurse and I don't assist with circ's either.  It's nothing official but I haven't done one in 3 years.  My job is (or should be) to take care of sick infants, not take time away from my sick patients and their families to do a non-therapeutic procedure.   We had a baby on supplemental oxygen who was circ'ed the other day.  Makes me ill.  That baby was nowhere near healthy enough for elective genital surgery.   Anyway, I'm very glad to "meet"...
Just got back from a week in Orlando with extended family.  We went (in a five day period) to Kennedy SPace Center, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Universal including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter :), Magic Kingdom and Epcot.   So now we're all exhausted and broke but it was totally worth it.  My kids will be over the moon for the next 6 months.
My 7 year old was dying to see it but I said no.  I'm not sure if she would "get" it enough to keep her interested.  (we've read halfway through O of the P and she's bored with it alot of the time)  I don't think it kept my 34 year old sister interested!   My overall impression though was that she could handle the violence and nudity, with some explanation, but she bores easily.  Maybe I'll take her to see part 2.   PS, we're going to the Wizarding World of Harry...
Wow. I'm pretty blown away that people have the nerve to say those things about your son! Who the eff do they think they are? Why are they entitled to an opinion? I think an open wound in a diaper full of poop is beyond "gross". You make a good decision! The foreskin is a normal part of the male anatomy. Not a defect. Nor is it a ticking time bomb!
Sure. Though I'm a terrible story teller. This mom had a term baby in the NICU. Her 4th, 3rd boy. As we were preparing to transfer baby back to the nursery, our neonatologist came to update mom about the transfer. She asked if she wanted baby circ'ed (I know we shouldn't be asking but she has different motives) Mom said yes. So the Neo says she has to talk to the pediatrician who will be doing the procedure. She then asked why she was considering it. We find out...
Well, it was more our attending neonatologist than me. But I helped! Together we convinced a mom to keep her son whole! Totally made my day. Not to mention the baby's
One pit augmentation and one pit induction. No jaundice with either.
I'm reading Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. Two sets of twins (sort of) I'm only about a third through so I don't know if it's a positive twin story.
DCmama01 said I am too charming and awesome to not meet someone special along the way. Corny as it sounds, I really am that good. It has little to do with looks. It's about how people feel when they are around you. I'll be dayum'd if a failed relationship with someone who wasnt right for me means I'm destined for a lonely life. No need to hate men, I have good men around me who take care of their wives and kids. I chose wrong and didn't value myself enough. Lesson...