or Connect

Posts by Relynn

Thank You! Rebecca
If we change the fraction 18/36 to a decimal, do we just divide 18.0 by 36? So the answer is .5? Thanks Rebecca
I just said to my husband "my butt hurts!". It feels like I was doing butt exercises, and now I'm sore. (muscles in my butt cheeks?) rebecca
I just like to remind folks that public school is NOT free. I would never use it, and yet I pay for it. Rebecca
Hi, I have a 10yr old dd. She has already hit puberty, and has the attitude to prove it! She has lots of sibling rivalry with her older brother, age 12. So, sibling rivalry/puberty? Those are my ideas of where she might be coming from. I don't have a solution! Last night, I was just re-reading "Hot to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen" and "Raising a Daughter." Good Luck!! Rebecca
Hi, We went 11am-1pm, and 12pm-2pm. Next time I will try 2pm-4pm. I was avoiding those later times beause I was afraid of the traffic! How are the weekends? There wouldn't be bus loads of kids on the weekends, right? How about the summer? Thanks for the replies! Rebecca
Hi, We went to the Children's Museum in Houston this week. We got a membership. The kids had a great time. The only problem was that both days we went were full of school buses and tons of kids. There were so many kids, it was so loud and hard to enjoy the exhibit with so many kids. Is it always like this? If not, when are the best days/months/times to go? I know the first homeschoolers day is Monday. I hope to go. I'm disappointed that our membership doesn't apply to the...
What part of your therapy was the most helpful? Could you describe what the therapy was like? Thanks so much! Rebecca Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy I have dyslexia and I could not read until about second grade when I had therapy. I went straight to chapter books, the first book I ever read was Island of the Blue Dolphins, no Dr Suess or anything.
Hi, Does anyone have useful websites/books to point to about teaching a child with dyslexia how to read? I am thinking about buying "The Source for Dyslexia and Dysgraphia", but its a bit pricey and I'm not sure how helpful it would be? http://www.linguisystems.com/itemdetail.php?id=180 Thanks in advance Rebecca
Hi, Does anyone have useful websites/books to point to about teaching a child with dyslexia how to read? I am thinking about buying "The Source for Dyslexia and Dysgraphia", but its a bit pricey and I'm not sure how helpful it would be? http://www.linguisystems.com/itemdetail.php?id=180 Thanks in advance Rebecca