or Connect

Posts by Elyra

If a child were born in one state and the adoption takes place in another state, how does that work legally? What state's laws would govern the adoption? This is in reference to adoption nearly 30 years ago if that would be important to the answer.
I think it would compliment the dress well. I agree it looks very vintage and classic. But in the end, do you feel beautiful wearing it? If so, then it is perfect! I have to add, I have never heard of the birdcage veil either. I was thinking lots of feathers and huge floor show style head dress. Those examples are so much prettier than I imagined.
Not ours. It's still spinning musically away. *plugs ears*
I'm hoping they perform it at the Emmy's!!! I guess they would just have to point to the box with a pause in the lyric. A la how they did it when it first aired.
Quote: Originally Posted by Potty Diva Then let me explain. When I say extend beyond the class room I meant only that parents could call and let me know such and such occurred, or call my home to discuss issues that pertain to their child (ya know outside the classroom). I don't want to go to movies, or eat dinner with, exchange gifts, etc with parents or their children. BUT, I do want to be available after hours for parents to call and ask about...
Welp, it's been done. They came and were here prompt and on time. They stayed for about 10-15 minutes. We greeted each other at the door, then they spoke pretty much only to ds2 and ds3 the entire time. I put a baby gate up at the foot of the stairs since I did not wish anyone to venture up the stairs. I am sure they could see that since there was a couple of decks of cards, a few robots, a couple of snack package wrappers and all spread on every stair all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by esylvia Well, I definitely would wish I didn't know about the dollhouse bed...that gives me the creeps! However, if I were an elementary school teacher, I would want to know about the family composition or religious beliefs, so that I could be sure to foster an open and welcoming atmosphere. Why would you not want your child's teacher to know these things? Your child probably won't keep them a secret. Bolding...
Well, again thank you for the different perspectives. I just typed out like a 10 paragraph response that of course got eaten. : : : Well the gist of it is, yes, *I* could probably decline based on the former year's relationship. However, it's not *me* and *my* family I am super concerned about the home visit not being good thing. I really do care very much for my community on a whole, and I don't like to see anyone be put in a position of hardship, like...
Maybe give out some tickets when people walk in that give "1/2 off 3 items good until 12pm" Then perhaps they still feel like they are getting a deal and will be more likey to check out timely? I like the bag idea too. You may reserve what can fit in this one bag. Make sure it can be tied shut and write their name on it. Then they can always finish shopping after you mark everything down again.
It is very timely that you make this point. Today was therapy day, adn while our theaprist was here for ds3 she is sweet to take on both ds2 and ds3 since she did ds2's therapy last year. Ds2 tells her that "Mrs. X and Mrs. Y are coming to my house tomorrow." He is very informative so it wasn't said as and exicted thing, it was on the same level of my mom is wearing the same clothes as yesterday and I ate bacon for breakfast tone. The EI therapist who does...