or Connect

Posts by Bella Catalina

Welcome :) I'm due Nov 28 with my 3rd. I lived on the Big Island for two years and miss island life!
I did WW online after my first, and loved it. Problem is, I reach for packaged foods because points are already calculated.   I started this pregnancy at 147 (I'm 5'5 and probably should be another 15-20 below that), 11 lbs lower than with DS1, and 21 lbs lower than with DS2 (thank you, miscarriage weight gain!). With DS1 I gained 39lbs--a lot toward the end was water and I started to develop pre-e a couple of days before my body kicked him out at 36w. All that...
Good article. I've had labor begin with SROM both times. Both were precipitous and I ended up with a 2nd degree internal tear, as well as peri urethral tearing (I think that's what my mw called it). I'm really hoping to avoid tearing this time, but as much as I try to breathe the baby out, I hit that ejection reflex point and cannot control it. MW offered to apply gentle counter pressure to baby's head to keep it tucked in an effort to avoid the upward tearing this...
I haven't posted here in a while. Oops.   I started drinking a mug before bed on Saturday night (I'll be 32w on Wed). Within 45m, I started getting BH that started at 8 minutes apart and got down to 2 minutes apart over the next 2 hours. Same thing again last night. No pressure or pain, so I wasn't worried, but it was annoying. So, seeing as I have a history of fast, super intense labors (2hr 50m, 1hr 5m), I think my uterus may be telling me it doesn't require any...
No idea on the toilets--like the pickling vinegar idea, though!   We use lemi-shine on our dishes. Our hard water is caused by high calcium. For the shower doors, I rub straight lemon/lemon juice on the doors, let it sit, and scrub--it takes elbow grease, but we now use a squeegee after showering and that's made a huge difference. For sinks I often get the build up around the plug, so I plug the drain and pour some vinegar into the sink to cover the build up, and...
Congratulations, mama!!! So thrilled for you :) Many wishes for a HH9M and a sticky baby! 
Ouch, I'm so sorry! Wish I had a fix for you.   I use a Desert Essence tea tree oil one, but I can't imagine that would feel good right now. 
My midwife, who has a much stronger professional doppler than the one I caved and purchased from eBay (the sonoline B), couldn't find the hb on Thursday. I came home and found the little ninja immediately. I know what it is to stress--this is my second healthy pregnancy since my loss, and it's still nerve-wracking.
I'm happy to hear he's willing to try it out :)    You know, I try not to use bleach often (I do bleach my diapers once every month or so, though), but if he's really grossed out, you could always run an empty rinse cycle with a bit of bleach after a diaper load, too. Probably not incredibly environmentally conscious as far as water usage, but still much better than disposables sitting in a landfill...   Many daycares will use cloth--you may need to call around a...
Pretty sure I'm feeling movement right now. Definitely not gas, just what feels like flutters and a rolling pressure on my bladder. Which would make sense because of where baby was on the u/s.