or Connect

Posts by Taryn237

In my experience post date inductions with midwives here are because they are afraid of their back up doctors. They have to play by certain rules or they will lose their coverage and not be able to practice. NJ has very strict rules about certain things. Like HBACs being illegal.
Just went to the chiro.  Hoping it does something.  This weekend would be perfect for baby to arrive.  But I'm not counting on it...
Yup. 40+2 and counting.
Yes, with my first.  First at 41w3d.  Did cervidil overnight at the hospital and was sent home the next morning.  Went from 0 to 2-3cm.  But that did not start labor.  Back to the hospital at 41w6d.  Induction which became an unnecessary cesarean for failure to progress.   I would wait as long as possible before starting any interventions if you really want to birth at the birth center.  Once you start they can become a slippery slope.
Good luck today Lilac!  I barely slept the night before my "induction".  It's so hard getting past the nervousness and anxiety.  I'm still not sleeping great even with the Ambien.  I had a few times during the night it took awhile to get back to sleep and now its 6am and I'm up for the day....   My best friend from childhood was induced with her twins and it went very easily and smoothly.  I'm sure the weight of two babies in your cervix will make the same thing happen...
It's quiet in here today. Are all of you in labor? ;-)
One of the worst parts of yesterday was letting the friends and family we told we were going for the induction know that we were headed home still pregnant.  Consequently I just put a message on Facebook saying that I'm signing off for Christmas and baby watch but will let everyone know when baby arrives.  I'm planning on hibernating once I make it through the Christmas pageant tomorrow night.  I was thinking I may just hide in the car until it starts so I can avoid...
I think the reason my induction yesterday failed was that the baby has been posterior most of the time.  So I just did a diaphragmatic release and it seemed to work!  About 10 min I felt her body and head turn ROA and now I'm feeling much more pressure on my cervix (which I can also now reach even though it is still posterior).  If she goes posterior again I'll just keep on doing it.  Stubborn little thing....
The Woods Method has me as due the 28th. So I suppose buying a baby's first Christmas ornament and outfit already was a bit premature. On the positive side I will be able to go to my kids Christmas pageant tomorrow and the new zoom lens I bought for my camera came yesterday.
Being home without baby is so depressing.  I actually had my midwife give me a script for Ambien so I can sleep and for an anti-depressant so I can get through the next couple of weeks.  I just feel like I get the short end of the birth stick no matter what.  I've never had a nice easy birth no matter how long I wait or what I do.  Baby has to come this year or with our insurance change the birth will a few thousand more if its 2014.  So worst case scenario is that I go...