or Connect

Posts by mom2Avi

My 3rd was my fastest at under an hour but none have been more than 3 hours.  I'm curious to see what happens with #4.
My 3rd was the only one where my water didn't break before labor started.  I'm actually not sure when it broke though, she was a super fast unplanned UC and I know it didn't break during labor - maybe when she was delivered?
This is the third pregnancy I'm nursing through and haven't had any of them wean while I was pregnant.  My oldest cut back a bit while I was pregnant (actually, that was more me, I was soooo sore) and picked up again once #2 was born.  Cutting back certainly doesn't mean that he's close to being done.  :)
This is my first post ages and firs tin this DDC, so hello November moms :)   This is going to baby #4 for us and I found we've actually gotten rid of baby stuff with each successive pregnancy.  The things I have found are must haves (for us) is a sling, my ergo, a single stroller ( I always had the new baby in the sling and the toddler in the stroller), diaper bag,  a high chair, a bouncy seat for setting baby in, my moses basket, and cloth diapers.  Oh, and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by chelsmm I'd love to hear more about the preschool group, mom2Avi, if you want to share. A friend and I are looking to start something with a few other moms. We are both interested in Montessori type activities, but also other ideas as well. Certainly! Each family takes a turn hosting. When it is your turn to host you plan the day's activities on any topic you want and teach in any style you want. I think it's a...
I've been a part of a co-op that I formed with some friends for about 4 years now. For the first 2 years we rotated hosts and the host family chose that week's topic. Last year and this current year we have been studying the 50 states with one state per week plus a few other USA topics thrown in. We still rotate the host who then plans the lesson for that week. This year we were fortunate enough to secure a meeting place (we had been meeting in our homes) and were...
Quote: Originally Posted by sha_lyn In most cases the leaders are moms to the girls in the troop. If you have first yr troop, then where do you think the leader is going to come from? If no one was willing to jump in and lead, there wouldn't be any leaders. True, but kids are Daisys for 2 years so I would think that it makes more sense for the mothers of the kids who have already had a year of scouting to lead or perhaps mothers who have...
For us the big thing is flexibility and freedom. We can learn what we want, when we want, at the pace that works for us. If there's a cool exhibit coming up somewhere in town we can drop everything and learn about something new even if it isn't on the state standards. We don't have to worry about standardized tests. We can stay up late having ice cream after tee ball and not worry about catching a bus at some crazy hour of the day. If it's 75 degrees in the middle od...
Quote: Originally Posted by sha_lyn The Girl Scout Council of Greater Atlanta has a wait list of hundreds of girls. We need more leaders desperately. There really is no way for the council to help you unless you are willing to be a leader. What gives you the idea that your daughter will be taught to sass you in girl scouts? I am in a large metro area and I'm sure they could use new leaders too. I think that telling moms of 5 year olds that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom First thing I would if I was you is call your council prettending to be a homeschool parent. That is were the nightmare can begin. If your front people don't know about any homeschool groups it doesn't help. If you are trying to start one have the people asnwering the question collect info. Also encourage troop to shop around. Unforantly if it doesn't work with one troop many people don't think you can...