or Connect

Posts by J's Mombee

Hi SCDoulaMaria! :)    We are actually in State College now, my 7 year old loves it, and so do my 2 year olds.  I don't think that I will have as tough of a time finding things to do with my 7 year old in the area, but I still haven't necessarily found things geared toward his age group or for my toddlers.  I would love any information that you might have about activities, pediatricians, or anything else in the area.   Thank you ladies so much for responding. ...
We will be moving to the State College, PA area this fall and I am on the hunt for an AP friendly pediatrician, elementary school recommendations, and tips on kid-friendly activities in the area.  The last time that I was in State College, over 10 years ago, I was an undergrad and none of the above mattered to me at all :lol.  Things have definitely changed, and I would love to hear from moms in or around the area.   Thanks,   J's Mombee
I haven't posted in quite some time, but reading this thread reminds me of why I loved Mothering.com so much.  It is nice to hear the voices of folks that understand just how challenging it is to parent toddler twins.   My little guys are 21 months old and it seems as if we used to really go everywhere before they started walking.  They are becoming so much more independent, but it means that I am chasing them everywhere now.   I have found it difficult to find...
Thank you, we are definitely making some progress.  I am also learning to brush aside some family member's comments.  I am getting more laundry done, but when my mom visited today, I hadn't put it away yet.  My mom commented to DS2 (9 months old) that I had too many things on the couch.  It stung a little, because I was really hoping that she would have noticed my progress thus far.  I am remembering that this progress that has been made has not been for my mom, it is for...
Clothes have actually been a part of the decluttering, but I have had to talk DH into getting rid of outfits that he hasn't worn since I met him 12+ years ago :lol   That spaces looks amazing.  Wow, I need a bigger house so that I could utilize that type of space, it looks awesome. I love it.  I used to do all of the laundry at once, but I remembered that when DS1 was a baby he had his own laundry day and it was much easier.  I don't know why I hadn't thought of this...
:) Yes, I love flylady but I haven't been able to get back to 15 minute spurts, because I feel like it doesn't get enough done.  I need to move back to that, and it would help if I actually began to read the emails again.  Last night, I cleaned all of the toys that end up in their mouths and go on our living room floor (because so many shoes track back and forth each week).  I used to do this much more often with DS1, but I am proud of having had gotten it done last...
Thank you so much :)   I remember wanting to try and make freezer meals, but I have yet to try it.  I will have to actually try that.   After today, I realize that I need to tone down the late night cleaning, because I was extremely tired today.  I am a lot less optimistic when I am tired, so I will have to find a little more of a balance.  I am still working on this and I hope to find a happy medium sometime soon.
You guys will probably never know how much I really appreciate your replies.  I feel like I have been making some progress.  I realize where my problem began and I also realize that I cannot do it all, and I am beginning to be okay with this.   When we found out that we were having twins we decided to turn our office into the nursery, but by the time I stopped working and actually had time, I couldn't do much work.  My mom and sister came over loaded everything into...
Thank you guys so much for your replies.  Your tips and experiences really did help to lift my spirit.  I was feeling kind of down.  It feels like I kept my sanity by not paying attention to the tornado like mess and congratulating myself for any late night cleaning successes.  An outsider's observation pulled my attention to the big picture and it made me feel like I wasn't really getting anything accomplished at all.  I went from "I am doing it," "it is working out" to...
I try really hard not to think about what I did for friends, because I imagine that there are reasons that it cannot be reciprocated right now.  I much rather a person refuse to help than to be overwhelmed or frustrated by my babies.   I wrote my friend, my house guest, an email to tell her how I felt and I was reminded of why she is a friend.  She set a date to come back to watch the babies while I cleaned or to clean while I cared for the babies.  I do wish that she...