or Connect

Posts by Wildflower

Thanks for that! Yeah, if they had sturdy, healthy bodies and wore some hiking boots/sneakers instead of stilettos, then I think the monster thing might set better with me. Why so sexy, you know? It seems sad to me that little girls will be holding and gazing and interacting with these hyper-sexualized toys...how can they not internalize some of that as an ideal to strive for? I hope they are also getting that 'cool to be different' or 'fine to be awkward' message the...
So anorexic-looking though, right? It bothers me as much as the ton of make-up...
I'd love to read your thoughts on the Monster High dolls. Or, if you're aware of any articles or blogs reviewing them, I'd love a link. I've only recently and briefly encountered these (attempted gift from a relative, successfully blocked!), but one look was enough to turn my stomach. "Here darling, why don't you go and play with these vapid, half-dead sex objects?" Not! Anyway, I have a feeling I'm going to be hearing more about this from the gift-ers, and it would be...
I'd love to read your thoughts on the Monster High dolls. Or, if you're aware of any articles or blogs reviewing them, I'd love a link. I've only recently and briefly encountered these (attempted gift from a relative, successfully blocked!), but one look was enough to turn my stomach. "Here darling, why don't you go and play with these vapid, half-dead sex objects?" Not! Anyway, I have a feeling I'm going to be hearing more about this from the gift-ers, and it would be...
Oh, thanks, it's good to get other people's perspectives for sure...   Another one I love (well, maybe love) for girls is Adora, because it seems like a kid with that name would just feel so loved, like "My parents adored me so much, they named me Adora!" But then, I'd be wary of the possible nickname Dora creeping it...which makes me think of less wonderful things like endless Dora the Explorer reruns, actual doors...
I've found some cool ideas for tie-dying using things like onion skins, avocado pits, and tumeric on pinterest, but when I click to the tutorial there's always something about "now simmer it on the stove for an hour." I'm planning to do natural tie-dying for kids at a bday party, and envision them prepping their shirts with rubber bands, soaking them briefly in a salt or vinegar setting solution, and then plunging them into buckets of natural color, and then going off to...
Today I'm liking "Gavin" for a boy, except with my nutty pick-apart the name fixation, it does bug me a little that it almost spells "Gave In..." which seems kind of defeatist. I know, so silly! On the other hand, I am liking Hugo, because looky there, it pretty much says "Hug!" Sweet!   For a girl I keep thinking of Paloma, which just sounds so romantic and mysterious, plus its meaning "Dove" would honor my favorite G-Grandma, who was nicknamed "Dovey." Though, part...
I feel vile the past few days...Alll day carsick feeling...All that gorgeous healthy food I wish I was eating just looks horrid and all I can stomach are some cheddar potato chips...Oh well, it could be worse and it can't last too long....
Sukhada, our due dates are so close--mine's the 15th! And I must say I hate that tech you saw.   Erigeron, I love hearing your food rambles, so fun! You'd be a great food blogger I bet. I've just been feeling anxious, nervous, pensive...hoping the pregnancy will stick plus some un-fun troubles with one of my jobs (I do some property managing and had to handle an eviction for the first time, so stressful!)...And when I'm anxious my stomach feels churned up and I can...
Juniper is so cute!   I tend to love a name but then pick it apart too much and drive myself nuts...For example, I had an amazing great-grandma named "Flora," a real rebel who left Switzerland by herself at 19 for America...So pretty, means flower of course but...Hhhmmm...Flora...I hear "floor..." A floor is something people walk all over, oh no!     Good thing I have until February...