or Connect

Posts by grniys

Hi,my family and I are moving across the country to the Chicagoland area, specifically Northwest Indiana (the Valpo/Portage/Hobart/Merrillville area). Both of my boys are autistic and need ABA. We have always used in-home services in addition to ABA at school. I have been searching for a new ABA provider, but I'm not finding a lot of reviews so I thought I would come on here and see if anyone can point me in the right direction.   What's important to me is:   1....
I think we are going to do tequila lime chicken with quinoa tonight. If my corn is still fresh I will make a corn and tomato salad with cilantro, maybe some black beans, onion... whatever I throw in there really. We will see.   Tomorrow will be tilapia and baby brussel sprouts. Friday will be whole wheat spaghetti and turkey meatballs.
We go through soooo many boxes of those during the holidays.   When my husband is home to watch our boys for my weekly girls nights I buy a bottle of wine or champagne and some good brie.   I love, love, love our local olive oil. It's so worth the hefty price tag for a bottle.
I let my boys have free reign over the candy for a few days, then it goes in the trash. I threw ours away today. One of my fondest memories of childhood is gorging on candy the night of Halloween and watching Halloween movies with my cousins, and I wouldn't want to steal the chance for an awesome memory like that from my boys. :)
Ok, so, I can breath again. She came by today and it went great. She asked a series of questions about the boys (we went in the backyard for most of it so the boys could play) and what services my oldest is getting, but as soon as She heard my dh is military she didn't seem too concerned about me needing extra services and such so there was no push for me to take services. There was no home inspection, I just explained our gates have locks on them for the back yard and...
Ok, so the social worker called me back today. She didn't seem evil on the phone, so I think that's a good sign, lol. Anyway, she said that they had been called by someone with a couple concerns about my children and mainly about supervision and such. The way she said it, it doesn't sound like the police were the ones who reported me. If that's the case I assume it's a neighbor and I have it narrowed between two who don't like me. Ugh, that's a whole other can of worms....
(Bolding mine)   Already done. The day after it happened we installed a top lock on the front door.
Thanks everyone.   I'm still debating letting them in vs talking with them on the porch, one minute I think, "Oh, yeah, I'll let them in" then a bit later I'm like, "Talking with them on the porch should be fine in case I have a corrupt social worker who will twist closet clutter or tools in the garage around to being kid hazards" So I guess we'll just see. I'm hoping I get called back rather than have them just show up at my door. I'm hoping I will since the note...
insidevoice, may I ask at what point you realized you needed to call the police? And did you dial 911 or a non-emergency number or what?
They came!!!!   OMG. I'm freaking out. I picked my oldest up from preschool today and came home to find a card stuck in my door from CPS. There was a note on the back saying what time they came and to call them. I called back and left a voicemail with my phone number.   I had just let my guard down a bit and had a sink full of dishes, an unmopped floor, and a pile of laundry. Needless to say, I'm scrubbing every inch just in case.   I really, really, really...