or Connect

Posts by grniys

The most horrifying thing happened tonight. I went upstairs to take a bath and relax because I had a headache. Dh was fine with it. Apparently our four year old stripped naked in our back yard so dh went outside to pick the clothes up. He swears he wasn't outside for more than a minute. By the time he came inside both our boys (4 and 2 years) were gone. He yelled upstairs for me and by the time I was dressed and outside both our boys were in the yard and he handed our...
Thanks mrsteapot. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks. I think is going to be one of those wait & see things. As for what he'll need, he will have to pay for Internet and that could be anywhere from $50-100 a month. Every base is different with that. And he'll have to have a cell phone for work. He also needs to keep his uniforms up (chevrons and such) and wash his clothes and buy the detergents and stuff for that. He has to have a haircut each week and that's usually about $10 a haircut, again, depends on the base,...
Yes, we will get separation pay. The thing is we are currently getting San Diego BAH as that's where he's currently stationed but we live further north and he commutes. It works great right now but I'm concerned about the zip code issue when he leaves. I'm hoping it'll stay the same.
The cola would offset the difference, but he's going to need that money rather than putting it in the household fund. And since the boys and I aren't going he will only be getting partial cola.
Dh just got orders to move overseas unaccompanied. They were originally accompanied but EFMP had them changed because our oldest son has autism and they decided there aren't appropriate services over there for him. We own our home in SoCal but we live about 45 minutes from the base so dh commutes. My question is what happens with our BAH. If when he PCS's we get bah based on our zip code instead of keeping the amount we're getting now we will lose about $350 a month....
Thanks, I'll go check out the tribe now!
Thanks for the help.   I don't know if we'll "need" a car, but it's a good idea for us to have one. He'll need to get large amounts of his military gear to work from time to time for inspections and training and such, and will really need a car for that. Plus, we'll want to drive around and see the area, and while we plan to live on base, we may very well change our mind and live off base, so he would need a car to drive to work for sure.   On another note, has...
So, my dh just found out we're moving to Japan this summer. I'm very excited and I'm praying the orders don't fall through. I'd love to go! But, we have a lot of things here we need to get rid of (obviously I will wait until much closer to time for us to leave, as anything can happen between then and now and orders can easily be changed).   I owe about 13k on my suv. In a couple months, if the move is still on, it'll be down to about 12k when I go to sell it. Dh's...
I voted the $401-500 option. DS1's birthday is in May so we're able to get him really cool outdoor toys and summery items that he'll enjoy. DS2's birthday is in January, and there's just no way to swing it equally at that time of the year- not just the money issue but there is nothing more he needs so close to Christmas! So we celebrate his half birthday in July instead. I look at the boys' birthdays as the middle of the year big item purchase time. We get the big ticket...