or Connect

Posts by grniys

I don't do freecycle anymore because of the amount of no shows I've had in the past, but I used to use it a lot.   Basically, when I was giving things away I noticed a trend. The same dozen or so people would promptly email me for the item. Like immediately. The same, exact, people. Every time! After a while I started ignoring those who were first and waited until others had a chance to email me and then just picked someone. I wouldn't say there's a science to it or...
Thanks for the advice.   I'll absolutely try to go through the seller first and try to resolve it that way. I'd much prefer to do it that way and have it be quick, easy and polite. But it's nice to know that buyer protection usually resolves things quickly if that doesn't work.   Thanks again. :)
Ok, so, I bought an item I've been wanting for a while off ebay. The item (a bodybuggSP) arrived today but the box looks like it was already opened, even though the description said new, unused, unopened. The seller stated no returns are accepted.   I figured, ok, well, I'll try to register it and see what happens. It won't let me register it saying the SN is not valid. I googled it a bit and found out others were having this problem when their bodybugg is already...
We're a family of 4 in a high COL area. There's a lot of variation on how much a meal out costs. We can easily eat for $25 somewhere simple like Rubio's or Souplantation, but we can also easily spend $100+ at Cheesecake Factory or our favorite Italian place. Our favorite Mexican place is usually about $60 for the 4 of us. Chinese takeout for us costs about $30. Pizza is about the same. Going out for Japanese can cost $30 or $150 depending on if it's lunch or dinner and...
I've been doing mine online with H&R Block for a few years now and am very happy with their service.
I'm thinking the situation may be one of two things: 1. The school may have to suggest Pepsi products be the ones donated because of the contract but aren't limited to using only Pepsi products. OR- and this is the one I think it is... 2. The school has a contract that states the school will only serve Pepsi co products on school grounds. If you were to bring in a huge case of Coca-Cola the school would be in violation of their contract to serve it on school...
Thanks everyone. I'll just suggest repairs if it's mentioned again and I do think they'll be pretty understanding. And I would be willing to consider new fencing next fall, so if they aren't thrilled about the repairs idea (though the last people who owned my home didn't keep things up at all, so I'm pretty sure they'll be happy with repairs for now at least) I'll mention that I'm open to new fencing at a later date, once I have gotten some other home projects out of the...
Alright, I looked into it a bit more. I guess shared fences are actually common in this area. When our neighborhood was built they (the developers) had the fences built on the property lines. The fence itself is connected to a wrought iron fence that spans everyone's back yards. It's owned by the HOA. The wrought iron fence has cement sections the homeowner's fences are built into. That is the set up we have. And each neighbor owns 1/2 of the fence that is on their yard,...
I really, really love GuildJean's post. And an hour a week away from my kids? That's not enough time for a mani & a pedi, or to do all my grocery shopping by myself!
I never even thought about that! I'm really not sure. The fence connects to both of our front fences on our homes. I'll have to look into it more. ETA: I took a closer look at the fence on both sides of my home and I'm pretty sure it's the boundary line and a shared fence.