or Connect

Posts by grniys

So, I like my neighbors. They are nice, friendly, good neighbors. They found my cat when she escaped and are the type you can go borrow a tool from or ask for help with something and they'd lend a hand. I do not want to alienate them. Our fence we share is in reasonable condition. I've only lived here since May, but the previous homeowners did not keep things up at all. The fence certainly needs painted on my side (I'm doing that a bit at a time. With kids it's kind of...
Quote: Originally Posted by ellemenope I think it is a slap in the face to working moms (assuming that working moms would stay home if they could. And, that is not always true) because it is basically flaunting that not only do you have enough money to SAH, but you also have enough money to put your child in PT care. It is like having your cake and eating it, too. Eh, well, I really don't care if another mother thinks that me doing what's...
Quote: Originally Posted by scottishmommy Well, I don't use those words exactly but I rarely respond if dd falls unless she's clearly hurt. I usually say "you're ok!". I was at a kid friendly restaurant the other day and dd fell over, like she does 300 times a day, and I got dagger eyes from another mother because I didn't leap up and make a fuss. *personally* I think a lot of parents make too big a deal of minor accidents. Yeah, that's kind of...
Quote: Originally Posted by AllyRae Maybe she has some social anxiety? I honestly don't see the problem with a private dinner. It doesn't sound like she wants to replace anything you're doing--it sounds like she just wants to have her son, daughter in law, and grandchild over for dinner to celebrate a birthday. My ILs do that all the time and it's really no big deal. If it's too much for that weekend, maybe suggest that it waits until the next...
Yes. I am very happy. I do have complaints about my life, but I'm working towards fixing those. My life is far from perfect, but I'm happy with what I do have.
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklefairy IMO, if it's uncomfortable for you, you don't have to allow it to happen. Yes, it's normal behavior. But so is setting limits, especially on how you permit others to touch you, even your children. I let my first do it, and it was difficult to get her to stop in a few months when it started to really bother me. I never let my second start and it really wasn't a big deal. Yeah, my 19 month old tries to,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Usually Curious I never understand why people think toilet paper is a 'must have'. If you went to family cloth you would only have to worry about water for washing. It takes a lot of room to store a year's worth of toilet paper, too. Using cloth dipes, cloth napkins and kitchen rags (instead paper towels) has really reduced my monthly outgo. I wish my dh would let me make the switch to family cloth. I think every...
A whole bunch of extra cable channels. We lived without cable for years, but since we got it again we got a ton of movie channels and one of the bigger cable packages. It's a lot more money than we need to spend, but it's so worth it to be browsing the channels and find something we'd like to watch and not go, "oh, we don't have that channel. Boo." I did give up netflix though because I couldn't justify all the movie channels and netflix.
Quote: Originally Posted by odenata The mom lives in The Lion King - it's the father that dies in that one. The Princess and the Frog has a mom, I think. The pups in 101 Dalmations have both a mom and dad. If you include Pixar things, there's a mom in The Incredibles and Toy Story. At any rate, the theme of being lost/on adventure alone doesn't bother me. When I was a kid, I liked to picture myself as the protagonist of my own adventures and I...
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has experience with CSA's in the Temecula area. I'm looking in to one and am thinking of doing a full box every week. If you have a CSA, which do you go through? How much do you get? Do you have to do a lot of weekly grocery shopping in addition to the CSA (and how many people are you currently feeding?). I'm just basically wondering about your experience with a local CSA. Thanks!