or Connect

Posts by grniys

Quote: Originally Posted by kathymuggle I have not. I am only going on what several (separate) families have told me. I did try to call the school but they are not in until next week. I will ask, And I will look it over before I say one word. Your DD's teacher sounds great! Kathy Did each family specifically say all those books were read, or was one or two mentioned by each? Maybe one year one was used and the next year another and so on.
I like us to have at least 3 months living expenses at any time just in case of emergency's, though DH is military and his job is secure. If he wasn't military I wouldn't feel secure without at least 6 month's expenses saved up. My dh recently made the decision to stay in the military and retire, but when he was considering getting out (he would be happier in a civilian job but decided our financial security is more important) we did the math and figured out how much we...
Quote: Originally Posted by pbjmama If I gave someone a car and they turned around and sold it I would be very upset. Why is she giving it to you? If it was a few years down the road and they had different needs, fine. I was kind of thinking the same thing. I mean, did you ever mention wanting a different car than the ones you have or something? Before selling it I would talk to the friend. Quote: My friend said she is so glad...
Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife Agreed. Can you plan it for spring or next summer? Have you been to Disneyland? I ask b/c the hotel, park tickets, food, and any extras like souvenirs really add up quickly, not to mention gas or flights to get there. So, I have to say, that $1500 isn't likely to be enough for a family of 4, even if you could come up with the funds in time. Yeah, I have to agree with this. Disney is so, so, so...
When dh and I just had two regular phones I think we were paying something like $90 a month. We have at&t and a bunch of minutes. I think we also both had phone insurance. Oh, and that includes tax and a military discount. Now I think we're paying $160-ish or something like that. I have an iPhone and he has a Blackberry. And we each have unlimited texting.
They weren't just being nice. I can't remember exactly when it is and isn't counted, but it's not counted for wic. I think it is counted for pell grants. It's not taxed. And I can't remember anything more specific right now.
I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread! We just closed on our first home and I never thought about ac maintenance. Thanks for the info!
I'm going out with some friends tomorrow night (yay for moms night out! ) and posted on my facebook looking for a sitter. A good friend of mine said her daughters were interested. So, we hashed out the details and her 13 year old and 15 year old will come over to my house (my friend is driving them) and watch my 15 month old and almost 3 year old for a couple hours while I go out. So... how much should I pay them? I asked my friend what they charged and she said...
Probably not. And if it's about pay increases then certainly not. The money just isn't there to give pay increases right now. We can't just grow it on tree's. And honestly, I think more teacher's should be hired (since so many have been laid off) before the current ones get raises.
I have an iphone and love, heart and adore it. It's the most amazing piece of technology I've ever owned. It's so helpful. There are apps for just about anything you could need or want. I use mine constantly. DH has a blackberry and while he loves it in comparison to his old razr phone, he wishes he had an iphone. IMO, iphones are much more user friendly than blackberry's. Plus, there are lots more apps available for the iphone. Either way, we're both very happy with...