or Connect

Posts by grniys

Well, our kids are still very young so we only have "us time" when they're asleep, in bed. But even then we do lock, just in case our toddler wakes up and tries to come in bed with us (which happens several times a week). And then once we've had our alone time we unlock the door so that way he's welcome to come in and crawl in bed with us in the wee hours of the night. I don't think we'll ever stop locking the door.
I think kids are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for being. I think it'll be fine so long as you give him lots of reassurance. Make it out to be an adventure. I would go for it. Things may be hectic for the next few months, but if this is your dream house... well, a hectic few months is totally worth not looking back with regrets for several years, yeah? Good luck with whatever you decide!
I enjoy doing fun stuff with my kids. I love Disney Land and Sea World and the zoo. I have fun there with kids. I enjoy going to the park for playgroups... my "playing" is more along the lines of chatting with the other mommy's than running around though. I love board games! The girls in my playgroup have actually been doing a mom's night in once a month (though we also do our much needed mom's night out as well!) and play board games. The kidlets stay home with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by KatieJD I think love is ever-evolving, and I absolutely believe that there's a trick that must be learned in order to stay in love. I think the mushy, puppy-dog kind of love is more for early in a relationship, and then you get comfortable and it becomes a companionship kind of love. Relationships aren't always happy, I think when you find Mr. Right you meet the person that you want to do the hard work with for the rest of your...
Oops... I should probably go make the kids' baskets. I forgot.
Quote: Originally Posted by greenmansions I think what I will do is put the onus on them to come visit me at my uncle's, since I am the one with very limited time and would prefer not to spend a couple of hours in the car round trip to go visit them. If they can make it, great. I think that's the perfect solution. Given how little time you'll be in town, your jam-packed schedule and how far they live from where you'll be staying I don't think...
Quote: Originally Posted by Just1More I also think there was a wide range of parenting, and I think there has always been. [...] I guess my point is that there is a middle ground. On MDC, I am often frustrated about the one or the other scenerio. You can love your baby/child and teach them lots and lots and be caring and gentle AND not be totally AP. I suspect that the same parent/child dynamic that exists today existed 200 years ago, and...
I don't think the answer of it being worth the financial tradeoff is one anyone else can give you. You say you already have a tight budget... everyone's definition of tight is different. To some people, tight is having $50 left over after everything is paid for the month. To others, it's having $500 left over. I think if you can realistically afford it without the job offer coming through (because pending doesn't mean set-in-stone, sadly) then I'd totally go for it....
We usually decide together what to do with it. "Fun" money isn't a huge deal to us because when one of us really wants something we usually get it... even if we have to wait a few months to afford it. This year, most of it went towards saving for a house. I did buy a wii (at dh's suggestion since I've wanted one for a long time). We went out to our favorite Mexican place and I think that was about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by MariaMadly A $20.00 (or denomination of choice) bill folded into an origami rabbit . . . the Easter Munny! That's so cute... Easter Munny. LOL!