or Connect

Posts by grniys

I just wanted to give another update. I recieved a voicemail from the registration woman saying there was still some confusion and no one can figure out if they exemptions are allowed or not. I'll be calling her back and telling her not to bother, but I will also give the specific regulations for Army, Navy and Marine Corp CDC's so that they will know they ARE allowed. But if this is the way the place is ran, I don't want my son going there. I'll just find a sitter. I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Jenna~ So what would you do if they told you if you didn't sign their form they wouldn't see your kids as patients anymore? Would you still refuse and just find another Dr? I would absolutely find another dr. They work for YOU. Not the other way around. OP: Good for you! You have reason to be proud!
Thanks for all the info everyone. I actually didn't need any of this, because turns out my dh's reenlistment bonus counts towards our income for a year, so we don't qualify until January. I felt so dumb when I realized that. But at least now I know what to do when I go in next year to get on WIC. AlwaysByMySide- Have you asked the voucher lady where the specific law granting her the authority to discriminate against you is? That would tick me off!
Thanks everyone! When I said I felt like I was sending him out to play by himself at too young an age, I didn't mean I have an instinctual feeling or anything about it. I just thought I was doing the "wrong" thing. Almost feeling like I was being neglectful in a way, you know? But the replies make me feel a lot better. I know I have nothing to worry about... I guess it's just I feel like he's still this little infant and I'm not supposed to send him out to play, so I...
Hi, not a SN's parent, but saw this post and had to respond. I had lazy eye as a baby. I also have other vision problems. I'm near sighted and have a very high astigmatism. What my eye doctor did for me was give me two surgeries where he shortened the muscle, I think. I was 3 & 5 at the time of the surgeries so I don't remember a lot about it. I have worn glasses my whole life. Anyway, my lazy eye was corrected (though my eye dr's do keep close tabs on it just in...
It costs me more than it saves. But, I'm hoping to get a new machine (mine is on it's last legs) before my new baby arrives and make a nice amount of cloth diaper's, so I know I'll save money on that. I happen to like pretty fabrics and spend money on nice, quality fabric. So it does end up being pricey. But I hope to someday start my own business, so I keep telling my dh it's an investment.
Personally, I love the Entertainment books. They save lots of money. But I get so ticked off whenever relatives give out my address to those stupid magazine companies! Asking before giving my name & address out would be polite. Ugh. I think writing a polite letter suggesting ways to change their fundraiser policy would be a great idea. No one likes to constantly be badgered about money.
I got an awesome deal when I was pregnant with my first son at Target on a breastpump and accessories. For each breastfeeding related item I bought I got a breastfeeding set attachment for my pump. It saved me over $100. This was back in early 07. Of course, my son refused to take bottles so it was actually a huge waste of money, but it was an awesome deal.
If you had another financial hiccup would you be able to handle it and the added expense of moving? Are your cars in great shape and unlikely to need to be replaced or facing major repairs soon? With living paycheck to paycheck I probably wouldn't risk it, but then again I don't know you exact situation. If you do decide not to move, have you considered paying an organization expert to come in and help you organize your home and get a storage system set up? I have a...
My son is only 16 months old, but he really, really enjoys being outside. I take him to the park and for walks every day, but he just can't get enough of playing outside! I have a small, enclosed patio in the back. I have no yard, but the patio is very nice. It's cement, and the small sections beside it are mulch. There is a privacy fence on each side, and then the back is blocked off by the garage. My dining room and kitchen both have very large windows that look directly...