or Connect

Posts by loon13

Yes, this.  We moved into our home on New Year's Day last year and there was still a good amount of snow.  The movers had this plastic cling that was stuck on one side (like tape) to the carpet. Easily pulled up after they were done.  In fact you could see the difference in what was covered and what wasn't.   Here's one sample: http://www.stacksandstacks.com/carpet-saver-floor-protector  
Quote: Originally Posted by The4OfUs Or heck, just ask for the fabric to be ordered from the same dye lot and get the dress made. Or ask if the company will make it a cap sleeve instead of a spaghetti strap. What is the 3-yo wearing? I would imagine an 8-yo being a Jr. Bridesmaid would want to look more like the grownups than the 3 yo, but maybe there could be a kind of hybrid/compromise between the two? STB SIL said she is having...
Quote: Originally Posted by The4OfUs Looks like a fancy, shimmery sundress to me, personally. I don't think that the criss cross shirring is supposed to mean boobs. It's just shirring, folding of fabric, like pleating. Looking at it on the little girl, the crisscross area is right at her armpits, there's nothing showing at all inappropriately. Yes, that's how it looks to me. I was most concerned about how the criss cross shirring was going...
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma Hey! I found a picture of it on an actual little girl. That might help you in your decision some. Take a look: http://www.getmarried.com/members/br...unior_main.jpg Oh, thank you!! That does help. It really doesn't look so bad once I can see it on an actual little girl. It does come up pretty high and is not as mature looking as I thougt. I'm more comfortable with the idea of her wearing it now. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissinNYC I'd have to see it on. If it comes up really high it could be fine. I'd love to try it on her but I can't find any bridal shops near me that have it in stock. Most have only the regular bridesmaid version. Believe me, if it was a dress that was in stock that I could just go and buy, that would be so much easier on my life. But these dresses have to be ordered and then altered.
Posting again instead of editing my post: Junior bridesmaids are considered ages 8-14. But I think there's a big difference in what I'd let my 14 year old wear vs. my 8 year old. That's really the crux of me asking whether this dress is appropriate. For me personally, I'd have a younger junior bridesmaid wear something similar to the flower girls dress. And I'd have the "older" junior bridesmaids wear something like what was shown here.' There are other dresses by...
Wow,thanks for all the replies. Seems to be evenly split on opinions here. Both my mom and MIL think the dress is okay but they definitely side with everyone here who said to get her a shawl or a jacket. I think I'm going to go with that because it will be winter. In a church, she would have had to wear the jacket/shawl anyway but that's a moot point here b/c they're having the ceremony at the reception hall. I asked dd's opinion and she's only unhappy with the...
No there's nothing on an 8-y.o. to show but isn't that kind of bodice detailed the way it is to draw attention to the bust? I guess I'm not comfortable with her wearing the dress either, I'm a bit more conservative in dress anyway. But it's hard for me to know if it's just my own conservatism or is this really considered okay for an 8 y.o.?
My girls have been asked to be in BIL's wedding this winter. Yesterday, soon to be SIL sent me the details of the dresses she would like the girls to wear and asked me to give her the measurements. My youngest is 3 and she will be a flower girl. My oldest just turned 8 and she will be a junior bridesmaid. Here's the jr. bridesmaid dress The bridesmaid version is strapless (here for comparison) and of course I'm glad the jr. version has straps, but I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal Anyone have a favorite leave in conditioner? Oil isn't an option - I've tried it and it just doesn't work for us. I need something that will condition and detangle without weighing hair down. Any favorites? I like Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner. I need to use very little on my just below shoulder length curly hair, so it's lasts me months.