or Connect

Posts by loon13

Quote: Originally Posted by mk12 Thanks for the advice Loon. I have one more question, if you don't mind. I have read that the little holes in the LadyCup are lower down than other cups, and because of that the volume it holds is less. I also read someone's post that it can fill higher than the holes and doesn't leak because of the way they are angled. I was just wondering if you noticed whether or not it tends to leak if it gets filled above the...
DH and I are going house hunting again this Sunday. Anyone getting a good feeling for us that we'll find something? Thanks!
Throwing this idea into the mix. DD has been attending quite a few birthday parties lately where the invitations are worded "No gifts please." In fact 1 of them asked for a can of food to donate to the local food bank, and the other asked for donations for the local animal shelter in lieu of gifts. I actually prefer this myself, (although I've had little success with it so far). I would much prefer DD enjoy *celebrating* her birthday with friends and family...
Quote: Originally Posted by mk12 Did you use the Diva before switching to the LadyCup? Was it difficult, when you first started using a cup? Any tips? I first started out using the Keeper way back in 2000. I was always slightly irritated by the Keeper, sort of like an inside itch, I think it was a latex sensitivity. Then had dd1 and then when I got my period back in 2003 switched to the Diva because I preferred silicone over latex. ...
mk12, those are good prices. I know what you mean about bidding on Ebay. I don't even bother bidding until it's the day the auction ends. Enjoy your cup! I'd like to heart what you think of it...
GuildJenn, just wanted to address a couple of points in your post. This is a complex discussion. I wish I had been raised in a culture more like yours. I do remember my godmother getting me little gifts like that from time to time. Not from travel, but just some stickers here, a book there. I never expected them but I always loved that she was thinking about me. But most gift giving in our family isn't like that anymore. It comes down to : oh it's...
With 3 children, and being on my own a lot, since DH does a lot of traveling, I know what I can and can't do. Sometimes the comment is okay and sometimes it's not. I find people who usually say it to me either: 1) think it's a compliment (i.e. I can't do what you do) or 2) don't apply the comment when it's really applicable to the situation. When I get the comments 10 times in the grocery store from 10 different people, it's okay, it usually fits under #1. ...
I think the reason this has become such an issue is because it should really be the giver's responsibility to find out what the giftee needs or wants. Otherwise, if you're giving something that is offensive/not useful/not wanted, it is no longer a gift, it is a burden. Once a gift is given, it is that person's to do with as they wish. However, if it is something unwanted or unneeded, that person is now faced with the time and energy of using/storing/getting rid...
Quote: Originally Posted by calebsmommy25 OP- I love luvs diapers. The are affordable and are great at holding everything in. They aren't a very eco-friendly product, but if you are only using them for a short amount of time, it shouldn't matter too much. I think everyone is different too. Every parent seems to swear by a particular brand that fits their childs needs the best. Good luck! Seconding Luvs!! They work great for my twins. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by jojoboy She used a razor on my curly hair and it looked frizzy for 3 weeks. Ack!!! Razors should not be used on curly hair. What was she thinking?? My hair is curly too and I cut my own as well. DH is afraid to touch it, though so I usually have my mom touch up an uneven spots.