or Connect

Posts by loon13

I would expect at least a day. However, at curriculum night at DD's school, all the 1st grade teachers encouraged communicating with them and asking questions. They did agree, though, that sending a note is more likely to be in the forefront of their minds and quicker to address since they sometimes don't get phone messages right away.
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A Thanks. It just makes me angrier the more I think about it. Yes, I know it was a euphemism and she was trying to "soften the blow" of what she had to say, but she actually made it worse putting it that way. I thought about this....what if she had used race instead? What if she had said, "Well, you have to take the (race/ethnicity) about him as well as the good." That would be so egregious! And putting gender in there...
Quote: Originally Posted by velochic We have a problem with them also being too tight in the legs and crotch. I hate these "skinny" jeans that are in right now. Despise them. Dd is actually quite thin, but any girl jeans are just too tight. We buy her boys Wrangler's. They are just right in the waist (and ride high, not low) and plenty of leg room. I still sometimes buy men's jeans. I hate low rise jeans myself. ETA: I have no...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A I stammered, "Well, gender is a big part of identity, so what's 'boy' about him is also a huge part of what is good about him." Wow. I'm actually impressed that you came back with such a great statement. I wouldn't have known what to say and probably would have said nothing. I'm sorry she said such a comment. I don't see how it could be construed in anything but a negative way.
Okay, a quick search turned up a few. I have not thoroughly read ingredient lists, I haven't checked them against www.cosmeticsdatabase.com and I haven't price checked different sites, just looking for products right now... Hope it helps. Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Oil-Free Power-Cream Wash 6 Ounces (I'm not sure if this is the one you're using.) The page linked says it contains AHA. Derma E, AHA Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beauty Fluid, 2 fl oz (60 ml) found at...
Starting to search but I found this interesting article on alpha and beta hydroxy acids. Article link. Be sure to wear sunscreen if you use either of the acids because your skin will certainly be more vulnerable.
I know if I get breakouts it's mostly around my jawline. I have a bad habit of cradling the phone between my shoulder and jaw, and I also lean my jaw on my hands a lot. If it's mostly only your chin, maybe it's something that's usually touching it? Quote: Originally Posted by not_telling I'm wondering about using some AHAs. The cleanser you linked to has parabans in it. Is there something more natural you know of that has AHA? Ah, when...
The kids dress up, not the adults. Halloween is the only holiday that DH likes to put up decorations. I do the other holidays. DD1 is asking us to dress up for Halloween, but I really don't want to. If she insists, I can usually do the basic chef (apron and chef's hat and spoon) or baseball player costume (Dh's old company softball jersey, baseball hat, and glove. More than that, I'm usually not in the mood. Although if I had a costume party to go to (just me...
I don't know about the best liners, but I have some shelf liners that don't stick. You can pick them up off the shelf anytime. This is great since we are in a rental. I have them in the silverware drawers too. I don't think they were a particular brand. I found them in Walmart.
My minimalist tendicies increased as I get older and realize more and more what useless stuff my parents and in-laws keep. My in-laws are hoarders. They buy and buy and buy stuff, but nothing leaves the house. Things they buy that would be useful (i.e. like a new phone when their old phone broke) tend to hang around in boxes way too long or just never get used. We don't take the kids over to their house anymore because 1) MIL smokes and everything smells of smoke...