or Connect

Posts by bunny

Oh my goodness... (this is me breathing because they are asleep) I can see myself in so many of the threads here asking for help and advice, but I figure one more won't hurt anything I yelled at my 3yr. old dd today, on three different occcasions. Mainly it's because I am in my ninth month and desperately need an afternoon nap, and she is outgrowing her naps Perfect timing, I know. The first occasion was me trying to take a nap while dd played. She wasn't into...
Hi all I don't have much computer time (ever- very infrequent poster, don't ask how I stumbled across this thread), so please bear with me here. I just want to comment on the free will, good/evil thing. In the creation story: 1;11 And God said "Earth, sprout vegetation, herbiage that produces its own seeds, fruit trees that produce fruit according to each kind, with its seed within it on the earth" and it was so. I would assume "it was so" means God's will was...
I've also noticed the many reccomendations, and plan to read this book. But I am only going to receive a copy in a few weeks, so I have nothing to contribute yet. I look forward to seeing others' opinions. bunny
So does anyone want to take a stab on why Tammuz is right arm-ish? This is my half-baked idea, I'm still thinking about it: The right side is in most cases the stronger side The arm represents physical strength Tammuz is the beginning of the summer, and the summer is a time of din (I think, correct me if I am wrong...maybe it is the desert that represents din?) So...Tammuz is the beginning of a tragic period for the Jewish people, and the right arm part of it is...
I tried to find something inetresting about Tammuz, but it's all about the fast and the three weeks, not very celebrational for rosh chodesh. The link you posted Amy said that the "body part" that correlates to this month is the right arm. Do you know of any more info on that? I have always wondered what our bodies correspond to up above, what it means when it says "the hand of Hashem" or "Hashem got angry" (vayeechar aff, aff is nose) or "Hashem heard". How do body...
I'm trying to avoid the whole "good girl" thing, too, which is why I've been listening more closely to what I say and realize some of it is not what I want dd to hear. Aster, that sounds like what I should be doing, but as you say it sounds a bit silly to me. Instead of hey I use wow- wow, look at that big pile of socks! Dd now says wow all the time. It's a clue for me to look over and see what she accomplished And it really works? Dd is not at the...
Thanks all! I've been avoiding this a bit, but it's next week so I forced myself to sit down and concentrate. These are great ideas BUT dh has just expressed his preference, and he wants it be hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob and brownies. This is usually fine with me, but we're talking a wedding party here: It is mainly his friends, though, and he knows what they like. Maybe I'll just make kabobs for myself and the bride I'll let you know how it goes, or...
I'm all into positive reinforcement, but all I can come up with is idiotic statements that have no real meaning, like Thank you for playing so nicely while I folded the laundry. What does NICELY mean- nothing, really. Then I try to think of some other way to say it and I came up with You were playing so contentedly. How do I know she was content? She could have been planning a raid of all the sand toys at the park, for all I know what's in her mind. So I...
We are making a dinner party in a few weeks for friends of ours who are getting married, and I would love some menu planning ideas. We traditionally make barbeques, but never for something so fancy- it is definitely a sit down meal. I would love to make as much in advance as possible, so that on the actual day we just have grilling and salad to do, plus setting up the room and everything. What do you think of foccacia? Can I do it in advance, and is it relatively...
We are making a dinner party in a few weeks for friends of ours who are getting married, and I would love some menu planning ideas. We traditionally make barbeques, but never for something so fancy- it is definitely a sit down meal. I would love to make as much in advance as possible, so that on the actual day we just have grilling and salad to do, plus setting up the room and everything. What do you think of foccacia? Can I do it in advance, and is it relatively...