or Connect

Posts by thenaturefreak

After 3.5 hours of labor sweet miss Rebekah was born August 14th at 6:25 am.
I feel for you, this is our 4th and they all have come half a week later each time. First 41 weeks, second 41.5 weeks and third 42 weeks. I was due August 1st so Wednesday will be 42 weeks. Which means this baby will probably come Friday or Saturday. But I have to say this time has been the hardest to wait. I went into labor at 40.5 weeks only for it to peter out a day later. Last night I had a bit of labor but went to bed and still no baby.   Physically I feel...
Midwives should be pretty used to being interviewed before a mom chooses her provider, so it should not be a problem.   Since I have three littles this time my interviews were over the phone. I thought I found the midwife I wanted, but when I went to see her for a meet and greet it just was not what I wanted. When I called to tell her I had changed my mind she was very easy to talk to. She was very understanding and told me that it is just fine and would rather that...
I just found this product: http://us.diono.com/en/car-seat-accessories/angle-adjuster . We use radians (formerly by Sunshine Kids now Diono) and this product looks great. It gives a couple more inches leeway for the front seats.  
Congratulations on your getting midwives! I really love homebirth :)   We are planning on having our 4th homebirth, 3rd water birth this time around. Each time has been a good experience, two were only 2/3 hours each. The other was a start stop labor that went through the night and ended with a morning birth. Something about the safety and comfort of home just makes the whole experience more empowering for me. Plus I don't want to deal with interventions being pushed...
Thank you, I really appreciate the time and thought you all put into your responses! Looks like I have some thinking to do now. I will keep delaying vaccinations for now until I can figure out the best thing for my family.
My biggest concern is that our state does have an immunization registry here: WebIZ . Schools can access it to know which children have had what vaccines. So if we do selectively vax then the school will know without me telling them.   Has anyone had experience with selectively vaxing and registries like this one?
I currently have a religious exemption with the school district so my daughter can attend public school unvaxed. Recently I have been looking into selectively vaxing but am concerned that if I choose some but not all the mandatory vaccinations that I will be forced to either fully vax my child or pull her out of public school.   I would love to find out more information about this, but have found in the past the school district employees don't even know their own...
I just found this group and am excited to join. We are due August 1st with our 4th baby.
Doing great at 1 week pp. I still need more rest than normal, but actually feel better now than I did at the end of my pregnancy. Baby girl is sleeping great at night and will nurse in bed for the most part. The older sisters are doing good so far in the transition and mostly want to give the baby lots of love and hold her. The hard part of feeling so good is that I have been doing too much these past few days. Without the usual pain and healing that I have had in the...