or Connect

Posts by lily7

I am glad something worked for you finally. Since this topic came out I just wanted to share so other mamas that look for help can find it thru search. We tried pretty much all of the bottles and nipples out there and what finally worked for us 100% was Dr. Browns premie nipples, these are way softer than other nipples and have slow flow, in addition Dr. Browns vented bottles (I was so glad to find they had glass version now). Getting this combinations stopped couple...
It will get better, but some difficult babies stay difficult. Nothing is ever easy with my DS2 who is now 8 months. I think that just his brain is way ahead of where his body is. I always tell myself I got this difficult baby because I take care of him the way he is, when some other parents could have been doing CIO etc. One advice I can offer is to just go with the flow, dont fight it. You can waste a lot of energy trying to figure out things and try different things...
Hugs from me too! It does look like shingles or poison ivy. It may be contact dermatitis. I have eczema and it always gets worse when I sweat. Have you tried 100% organic cotton shirt? Maybe just wash it in very hot water? Keep his room cool so he doesnt get too warm?
Yes it can be any food, and in my experience there is no magic cream to solve it. You need to find a trigger. Anything: food, molds, fabrics, laudnry detergents, etc. For my DS1 it was tomatoes, my DS2 is bananas and still working on what else, but eliminating bananas already made his skin look 90% better.
Both of my kids had reflux, my younger son was throwing up at least once a day, even through his nose. That always scared me to death and I cried a lot from not being able to help him. What helped my older son was sucking a pacifier, it helps some children but may make things worse as well. Nothing really was helping my younger son, I tried Zantac for 2 days and he hated it so much and it wasn't helping him at all, so we stopped. I totally changed my diet for couple of...
I tried pretty much all the same stuff, I can tell you that for us the best one was the one that I didnt see you try, the Gerber's Nuk for standard bottles with vent hole, it is flat and has a hole placed on top of the nipple vs. at the end: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2793384 I was able to put the hole against his tongue and he was eating. We will see how lucky my mom is today while I am gone. We pretty much have the same issue, with screaming,...
Tracymom! Were you able to solve this problem. My baby is screaming bloody murder as well. And I am back to work part time. Today I had to leave work early because the baby would just scream and not eat at all. I am looking for any advice from people that had this issue.
So after 3 weeks of no dairy and no gluten, mostly on meet and potaoes, bananas, greens, peaches and watermelon I figured out my 4 week old reacts to avocado or cucumber or both. So I was eating all the wrong foods, no wonder his reflux was not improving. His BM got actually worse (green mucuous) once I got on this crazy diet. His hands-full so I have really little time to research. CXan you ladies help me with the list of foods in the avocado family nad cucumber...
Anybody came across any new research about it? Our first DS was jaundiced because of ABO incompatibility, it was not severe, BF took care of it, however he had to be checked daily for 4 days for his billirubin levels and we needed to stay in hospital an extra day. We did delayed cord clamping. I am wondering what should we do this time around. I read all the posts and there is nothing conclusive.
I think this is good reading on sun exposure: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-exposure.aspx I also got the sunscreen Mercola sells now and I really like it.