or Connect

Posts by Pam_and_Abigail

Is your heat electric? Perhaps that makes your bill high? I would definitely cut out the cable, the gym, the extra car, and maybe even the eating out.    
For my daughter's birthday we had a hot chocolate bar and the take-home favours were the mugs we used at the party. The week before, I went to the second hand shops in the area and picked up pretty mugs and a few china cup and saucer sets. I also made my own chocolate dipped spoons from wooden picnic spoons and discount bars of Belgian chocolate. For the winter, I put together a small indoor herb garden for on my counter. I have fresh parsley and lemon balm on hand for...
I came to the thread to recommend Putumayo, but I see that's been covered. I also really like Maria Sangiolo. You can buy her CD's or MP3's from CD Baby. I like Fairy Moon a lot, and I also have the underwater themed one. My kids also like Bebe Lilly, which we watch on Youtube, but I recommend checking them out yourself first, because some people might not find them appropriate for their family. It's techno music in French, and the songs are "sung" by a character in a...
Thanks! It turns out to be strep throat, which I might have figured out if I had managed to look inside my daughter's throat earlier, but I did as we were leaving, and saw that her tonsils were huge, and I was pretty sure that wasn't a part of tetanus.  But this whole thing has me rethinking my non-vaxing stance, at least on tetanus. It's not something mild, like chicken pox. It's got a high fatality rate. It was an interesting visit, because when I told them the...
Sunday night my dd (8 yrs) stepped on a nail, and it was in about half an inch. The wound bled afterwards, plus the nail had been on the floor in her room, so not an anaerobic environment. She had three rounds of DTaP as an infant before we stopped vaccinating. However, yesterday she started experiencing symptoms that match up with those of tetanus: a headache, sore throat, sore tummy, mild fever and possibly a sore neck. It *could* be tetanus, or maybe it's just a virus...
I hardly ever come to mdc any more, but I saw this thread in new posts and had to pop in to say hi!
It's great that you're aware she's trying to make up for lost time, that sounds exactly like what your daughter is doing. If you're finding that you're full, is it possible for you to pump at work and then have her drink the milk while you're gone? I know that won't make up for the bonding, but it may help. I've been reading about weaning lately too, because I have a 2 yr old ds who nurses frequently, and I don't want to wean, but I do want to cut down. I have read that...
My first thought was old bed sheets cut up, or some gauzy material from a second-hand shop, but the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't grasp the idea. I don't want to come off poorly, and I completely respect your vegan lifestyle, but I'd be willing to bet that a lott of insects and rodents are harmed or killed during the farming of cotton crops. I'm just wondering if cotton is truly better.
http://www.nurtured.ca A local store in Halifax that is just awesome!
Since I first started typing, there were more replies, so I wanted to add that, of my three children, I think only one of them had put two words together by age 18 months, and even that, I'm not certain about.