or Connect

Posts by nataliekat

Quote: Originally posted by Valérie.Qc My DD had her ears pierced at 18 months without my knowledge I left her with DH to go to school. MIL came home and took my baby to go shopping... I came back from school to find my baby with her ears pierced OMG! My heart rate went up and my breathing got faster when I saw THIS! I'm so angry for you! (Even though I know it was years ago.) If DD's grandparents ever did this, they would be so close to...
It used to be the same way here. I got totally sick of it and TOLD DH about it. He agreed it's not fair and now we sort of talk about what we want to get accomplished during the weekend. Evenings, too. We take turns feeding DD her dinner, giving her a bath. If I feel I've done it several times and want a break, I let him know it's his turn. He lets me know when he's going to take a shower, go lift weights, throw in a load of laundry, cook a meal, etc. I know...
Quote: Originally posted by heartmama The mother seems to be encouraged to actively avoid falling into the habit of involving herself in the activities of her child, in the form of guidance, giving tasks, and especially sitting with/partcipating in the child's activies as a playmate. Village mothers had the luxury of relying on that network, and to the observer, probably did not appear to be giving much attention to their kids. Has anyone read...
They're so weak, aren't they? Like they're about to flippin' DIE!!! :
I must say this just reinforces the fact that I don't want to take care of two little ones at the same time. I just don't want to do it. I absolutely feel for you. It must be so hard. I've heard from other mamas in this situation that this is just a period of adjustment and things WILL settle down. You'll all get through it.
OMG! It makes me feel like I NEVER want to let her out of my sight! I sometimes get nervous when DH gives her a bath. Like they say, it only takes a second. How could I ever forgive myself?
Congratulations! I know how good that must feel. Breathe a sigh of relief and hope it keeps up. Isn't it funny that sometimes all they need is their own bed. Maybe he's really ready to start sleeping all by himself. Good luck!
It's sweet that they wanted to make you feel better. It's good for them to know when you're at your limit. They'll be fine. Sometimes it seems like those hubbys are about worthless, huh?
Unfortunately, you can't control what kind of grandmother your MIL is. You also can't always protect your children from influences you feel are inappropriate. How much time does she want to spend alone with her? Is your only beef the inappropriate toys? If she only wants her for an afternoon, I'd say your DD will be fine. If she wants to take her overnight or out of town, I'd say no just because DD doesn't know her well enough. KWIM? Just another...
Count me in, too. I've been breastfeeding 7 months and I could not care less about having sex. Sometimes I miss it. But my attitude is, if he wants to have sex, he's going to have to put a little more effort into getting me interested. My DH is the same way. He doesn't even ask anymore. It's sweet that he doesn't want to put pressure on me. But if he's waiting for ME to initiate, he's in for a long dry spell. I really feel like him leaving it up to me is the...