or Connect

Posts by nataliekat

We're here for you. Please don't let your baby CIO. Have you tried laying her on her side to sleep? My babe (same age) finds this position quite comfortable. Since she's used to sleeping on her tummy and is now too big to do that, she may just need some time to learn how to sleep in a new position. It's VERY hard when they won't sleep. I can't imagine having two that way. During this transition you may need some help. It's just about more than one person...
Quote: Originally posted by nuggetsmom Entirely my hangup and I don't like it. I wish I were more laid back about it so my kids won't grow up with the same hangups... Don't feel you have "hangups" because you don't want to have sex in the same room with your kids. When their children are old enough to start developing an "attitude" about sex, I'm sure the rest of these mamas won't be DTD in front of them. Your willingness to discuss it openly...
Quote: Originally posted by skibumel My mother remarried last year and wants my son to call her husband papa. I just refer to him by name and let my mom refer to him as papa and I figure when my ds gets older he will call him what he wants to. I second this idea. You may have a real problem with your son calling the guy Grandpa. But it is your problem, not your son's. Don't put pressure on him yourself to call him one name or another. Just...
Quote: Originally posted by kindmomma How dare he forget for even a moment how bad I am hurting. If he indeed means that he wants to be with me than he should as far as I am concerned treat me with the respect I deserve for putting up with him. To forgive him for this would bethe biggest gift I have ever offered anyone, considering what I am willing to try to work through. I go days without a shower to do things for my children and him. How dare he do...
I really wanted to reply to your post, but I'm not sure what to tell you. I certainly don't feel I want DH sexually right now. But I do appreciate how willing he is to try and make things easier for me. That makes me feel affectionate toward him. There's a period of adjustment for every couple after a new baby and the fact that your DH works out of town and you're apart so much is probably making this problem worse. My suggestion is to try and think of what...
Please let us know if your husband has agreed to have counseling. That is non-negotiable. If he wants to have any sort of healthy relationship with you or your son, he HAS TO have counseling. It can't be said enough. If there is ANY chance your husband is going to act violently again, you MUST leave. Hard as it is. Like Rachael said, violent actions is not only hitting people, it's any kind of violent actions; outbursts of anger, hitting things, etc. For the sake...
We've never DTD with DD in the room, mainly because I just would not be able to concentrate on the task at hand. I must confess, though, even if I could concentrate, I would feel quite weird about it.
Wow! That's awesome.
Quote: Originally posted by mama2annabelle It just kills me to go visit her b/c every time I'm there her 6 month old is screaming unattended in her crib with her bedroom door closed. This just breaks my heart. I can't believe it goes on. How incredibly sad.
But again, it's really all about paying close attention to your child. The mamas who put their babies down because they are pushing away and NOT happy when being held, I believe are truly paying attention and giving their children what they need. It would seem that babies who fuss and push away when being held, but don't in an exersaucer aren't just tolerating the plastic seat. Isn't it possible they might actually prefer it?