or Connect

Posts by Inspired007

Congratulations!! That's wonderful news!!   I was always an early ovulator so my BFP's showed up quickly!  Glad you finally saw the result you wanted!  
Hello everyone,   I have a 14 month old son who I wish to wean.  I am mentally exhausted by it and don’t want to continue any longer.    I have a dd whom I weaned without needing any help…her personality is much more laid back and even though I didn’t know it then, she just rolls with the punches so she never had a strong reaction to the weaning.   My son is a very different story.  I WOH and as soon as I get home, he’s raring to go and will try his best to...
I am out of town and am posting on my cell phone(so sorry for the typos). Can someone help me find a la leche league leader phone number she can use? Is the help available overnight and on Sundays? She lives in Phoenix AZ so I am not sure if that matters with regards to a local chaptr or national. I appreciate all the help. The early days of nursing are pivotal in my opinion so I truly consider this an emergency. Thanx!
Thanks so much for thr replies. I admit my post was a little scattered so I'll try to clarify. I told her not to pump b/c I didn't want her to avoid nursing. I didn't realize until right before my post that he wasn't nursing much at all. I agree that if he's screaming at the breast that she probably has little choice but to supplement with formula and expressed bm. I thought about telling her abt the nipple shield but didn't b/c she said she didn't have inverted nipples...
I have a friend whose baby is 3 days old. He will not nurse. She said that he screams as though she is killing him when she tries to get him to latch on. She said she does not have inverted nipples, her breasts are full but I am not fully convinced her milk is in yet because she said she tried to pump and can't get anything out. This of couse has increased her anxiety some and led her to believe thay maybe she doesn't have enough so she's also been giving baby formula via...
With dd I weaned from the pump when she was 10 months. I had enough milk to make sure she had bottles during the day while I was gone to work and she never had formula as an infant. I weaned her completely when she was 13 months old. I probably won't wean from the pump that early this time b/c my backup stash is much lower. I might also wait to wean my son until he is about 18 months old to try to get him through the winter with all the cold/flu bugs going around.
With both of my children I started pumping when they were just a week old. Each time it was after my milk came in and I quickly jumped in and collected as much as I could. Some may advise against pumping this early, but it enabled me to have a nice stash when I returned to work when they were 14 weeks old. I had over 150 ounces stashed by then. I could tell by the color that I had actually stored some colostrum (it was yellow!) in some of the bags. My son is now a...
I was a DD with my daughter the entire time I nursed. Then, once I weaned I went down to a D. With my son, I went down pretty quickly to a D (was a DD when my milk first came in). Now, since I’ve lost weight (down 20 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight), my boobs are even smaller and I suspect I’m a full C. I bought a new bra at 36D and realized there is a whole lotta room in there so I think I’ll be buying C’s from now on. I never thought I’d see a C again and boy am I...
I actually set up in the bathroom. I pump in a shower stall by the lockers, not near the toilets so it’s not actually that bad. We have a nursing room, but it’s just an office and there’s no running water so it’s a more convenient set up where I am. I’ve been pumping here since I started back work in jan. and I pumped here with my first daughter for a year almost. I sit on one chair and place my pump on another chair and drape the shower curtain over the pump chair...
I had a talk with my dad and discussed how he may be overfeeding my son. I told him that “average” babies take in way less than what he’s getting. Yesterday he had 23 ounces while I was gone. My dad said that normally he only feeds him once he’s tried everything else, so that he knows he’s actually hungry and not sleepy, bored, over stimulated, etc. As I mentioned, my son has a way of letting a person know what he wants and it better be coming fast b/c a full-scale...