or Connect

Posts by Inspired007

So, yesterday I was checking my belly out and was rather pleased with how it looked....until I looked a little closer... I now have very light stretch marks showing up on the underside of my belly. I am soooooooo freakin' bummed out! The last pregnancy I made it through without a single solitary stretch mark appearing on my body. I was wondering how my extra 10 lbs of weight this time around would affect this, but so far, at week 39, none had popped up yet. I...
Lol! OMG, people are so freakin' bold. I'm trying to figure out what makes it her business! I don't know what I would have said, but really, what makes people think it's their job to police other people? And I also hate how people assume you've got a Doctor as your health care provider. I Loooove telling people, I don't have a dr, I have midwives, in such a tone that implies that it's better. Mostly they just look at me confused. Hi-lar-ious.
I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I'm plum jealous of the mamas on here who are no longer preggo! Well, it's still early yet so I know it's irrational, but still... Dd was born at 39+3 so I've still got a ways to go before I hit her mark. My mom will be in town on Sunday, so I'm rooting for Monday morning. Good luck to everyone still waiting!! And a good dose of patience to boot!
With dd I was 50% effaced and 0 cm dilated at my 39 week appt. Dd was born at 39+3. My water broke and she slid out within 5 hours. No complications whatsoever. When you're ready you're body will respond as quickly as necessary to get the job done.
I am sure nothing's wrong, and I don't want to worry you any more than you already are, but ask your midwife if intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR) is a possibility. Since you've had other children, it's probably not very likely, but that's all I can think of other than this pregnancy being smaller for you. Good luck finding your answer!
Where do you get Floradix and Hema-plex from?
Happy birthday!! Hope it's a great one!!
Quote: Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 You can also pack a ton of spinach into a smoothie! I make mine with spinach, pineapple juice, banana, and frozen pineapple chunks - it doesn't taste any different than a fruit smoothie and I can cram a lot of spinach into it! That's a great idea! I don't like bananas though...can I substitute strawberries or something?
The iron you get from heme sources (i.e. animal products) are going to be more readily absorbed by your body. Steak, chicken, eggs are better choices than even the dark leafy green vegetables, which are non-heme sources of iron. That said, veggie sources are still great sources of iron. The body just doesn’t absorb them as efficiently. Eat your iron with vitamin C and try to avoid calcium while you’re eating it. Vitamin C helps your body absorb more iron and calcium...
The only name I like on the list is Iris. Esme is pretty but I'd always be reminded of the book/movie Twilight.