or Connect

Posts by Inspired007

Anybody ever had their care provider estimate weight by feeling your tummy? I asked my midwife to guess his positioning and she commented that he was big, I asked how big did she think and by feeling my belly, she guessed that he felt as big as my dd was when she was born at 39 weeks (6, 11). I was only 36 weeks and 3 days at the appt so of course I was floored. My u/s measurements have all measured large. I am pretty sure he'll be born longer than dd. U/s is a great...
Great inspiring story! Yes, God took great care of you! I'm praying for a quick/easy labor too. He answered my prayers last time so I'm going for round two! Enjoy your LO, can't wait to meet mine!
I've never tandem nursed, but sounds normal to me! That's all they do that early on is nurse, nurse, nurse!
First of all, good luck mama, hopefully you won't go into labor just yet. Sending strong sticky vibes to you. Quote: Originally Posted by gumby74 I thought that if he didn't have a fever he wasn't contagious. So, I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't let him in and then make him gown and mask the entire time at least? My other thought is that a lot of the hospitals around here are vaccinating their staff, so it seems to me that the only one...
I didn't have any significant warning. My water broke with dd as I was laying in bed full from a large meal. I felt the baby kick and wondered if I felt a pop. I sat up on my arms and knees and didn't feel any diff so I went to the bathroom. As soon as I sat down on the toilet, a gush of water flowed out. I knew it was my water b/c I hadn't yet released my muscles to pee. I wiped it up, put on a pad, and went back to bed, all while it still gushed. It was an...
Quote: Originally Posted by EmilyVorpe Hey gals! The castor oil....I've done it before and it worked...I've done the cohosh and it didn't work. And it was awful. And my midwives told me awful things about it, which...they are a little more mainstream than most so it could have been that, but it scared the hell out of me. So castor oil...while the lovely side effects...aren't so lovely....I think its the way to go. My midwives are saying I'll go next...
We used breastflow bottles with dd before they were BPA free. This time, we'll use them again, BPA free though. At about 6 months old, we got tired of the breastflow and dd wasn't getting enough milk out of them at one time so we switched to the Medela bottles which came with all my pumps. They were fine, but they're not great for young infants since the nipples are really narrow. We'll likely do the same this time around, starting out with breastflow and...
My milestone was yesterday. I am now 36 weeks a day. I needed to be at least 36 wks to give birth at the birth center. Now, I just have to make sure he comes before 42 weeks, otherwise it's at the hospital for us. I am really hoping he comes around 38 weeks or so. Dd came at 39+3 and was 6 lbs, 11 oz so there's no telling when he'll arrive. He's supposedly bigger than she was and I am hoping that counts for something, although I know it probably won't.
Quote: Originally Posted by maisiedotes Wow- good prices! I will definitely look into it. I could even do 21-day shipping to get my stuff out by the holidays since they are not letting me go past 39 weeks. Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, since I plan my dd's bday partys like 3 months in advance (i'm like an uber nerd) I always order them early so for $5 I get the best looking invites that people are always raving about. It looks like I...
i always use vistaprint.com for annoucements, bday invites, and party invites. If you sign up to get email ads from them, every single day they'll send you coupons for 10 free announcements or 100 free postcards (which are exactly the same thing so just order the postcards since you get more...you can change the backside template easiliy) and more. They have tons of ready made templates or you can upload a blank one and design it yourself. It's awesome. The...