or Connect

Posts by dziwozony

Quote: Originally Posted by peainthepod No means no. Your dad's motives really don't matter here. If it happens again, I would step in immediately and put a stop to it, forcefully and firmly. There's no reason to plant any ideas in your DD's head, but definitely reinforce the idea that her body belongs to her and that she, and she alone, gets to decide who touches her, and where, and when. I am really big on this!! Your dad might have...
That would definitely be a deal breaker for me. Someone taking care of my kids would need to fully believe in non-violent parenting. I belong to a parent co-op sort of preschool & we have a couple of parents who occasionally speak harshly to their kids when they're frustrated (like unnecessarily mean), & my boys (also 3 & 1) get really upset by it. I would hate to think of them having to deal with/process it without me there. You may feel convinced she would never...
We have a vegetarian-only kitchen, meat is not allowed in our house. This is the one place where I should not have to be around meat, my own little bubble where I don't have to turn away when someone is cutting into a bloody piece of flesh. The one place where I don't have to be viligent about what my boys are eating or carefully watching to make sure no one is slipping them meat. It's a place to relax & enjoy being vegetarian without being put on the spot or having to...
I would be really careful about mentioning it to a ped as they are unlikely to be comfortable & educated about intact little boys! I have two boys & they both tug & stretch their foreskin a lot. In fact, it seems my 3 year old's foreskin is already retractable because of the way he plays with it (I'm guessing?). But everytime I casually asked if it was hurting he assured me it was not, so I leave him to it!
So sorry to hear the chunei did not work out for you! I am a big fan of it myself, got one when my second son was 3 months old & really wished I had it from the beginning with my first son. I never felt like he was going to fall out the bottom. The waist belt fit snuggly against my body. It is difficult to adjust the straps, but I found that once I got them the way I wanted them, I didn't need to mess with them again. I did feel a bit annoyed at the suggestion...
Puppyfluffer- "do you think the factual reality circumcision is dawning on you because you are outside of the American conditioning? You are in a culture that sees the whole male body as normal".............NZ is funny because as a country they used to have really high circumcision rates, then it dropped dramatically. So many adult kiwi males are circumcised...my boy's dad is, and if I wanted to do it to our boys, he would have gone along with it! I find that shocking. ...
Luckily for my two little boys, my first encounter with the circumcision debate was from a NOCIRC man at a midwifery conference handing me a pamphlet (I was about 20 years old at the time). I had never spent a moment's time thinking of the issue & my brief encounter at their info table (they also had a video playing) quickly clarified that I would never do that to my own children. Yet, it's never been a big issue for me. I always knew that of course I'd never...
It became uncomfortable for me to babywear after the first trimester. I had a ring sling I would use occasionally, but my toddler was a busy body by then anyway. It was easier to just carry him on my hip when needed! I agree your body will tell you if something isn't right.
Just a post of support & empathy...I live in a different country than my family & X has blocked me from obtaining passports for my 2 boys. I have a big family event late 2011 & I really really really want to go, & am hoping there is a change of heart by then. So I feel for you, no advice as I am trying to work it out for myself. And I'm actually slightly considering what PP said, but I am hoping it doesn't come to that. Best of Luck to you...
-using the loo, definitely! How dare I... -I cook food (which takes entirely too long) -Sometimes I leave the room -I won't let my 18mo poke out my eyes (or anyone else's)