or Connect

Posts by Rebecca

I suggest a good vacuum cleaner. I have a dyson and for the most part have been happy with it (though I was happy with my cheap panasonic vac before that). I wouldn't bother with a steam cleaner. I don't have one and can't imagine where I'd store it anyway. Once a year maybe I'll rent one for $25 from the hardware store. I agree with the corn broom. I have 2 and they are by far my favorites. I mop on my hands and knees with a rag and bucket, but I have a...
We've bought exclusively llbean winter coats over the past 5 years and truly love them. One thing to keep in mind with the polarfleece liner is that it's hard to get your arms into fleece sleeves. You really want nylon-lined sleeves. When pulling out their arms (after their sleeves get pushed to their elbows putting the thing on), the arms turn inside out, even when snapped to the cuff. And the fleece catches every last bit of pet hair and dust in your house. They're...
I still think you'd use less water by putting your trash directly into a plastic trash can, dumping that into the outside can and just rinsing out the plastic can with a hose for a second. :
Hey T!! Sears often has great sales on the old Kenmore HE2T if you don't care about color and such. It has fewer features than the newer models but appears to be a good workhorse. I have the HE3T and it's about 5 yrs old now. I had problems with smell before, but I've worked that out and have been otherwise happy with it. My girlfriend has the Frigidaire one and really likes it, and that's on sale often too.
Have you brought the situation to the attention of the church trustees to whom you're paying rent? Have they actually seen how their house is rotting and where you're living with children? It sounds like you're in need of lots of repairs before the house falls into the ground... the kitchen sink is leaking somewhere, the mold can be abated by a licenced engineer. In the meantime you need a dehumidifier and bleach down there. I know our church would be horrified to...
It's the metal coupling not the actual hose that contains some lead in the metal amalgam unless otherwise stated.
I love the way some wallpapers look, particularly in a kid's room or a den. In bedrooms they look so cozy like you'd see at a quaint inn. It's not terribly hard to hang or remove it. Plan a full weekend with a rented wallpaper steamer (from the hardware store), a big putty knife and plenty of drop cloths and newspaper to absorb the water. When papering, always start where the line won't be conspicuous, since the pattern may not line up if you have to cut one of the...
What kind of renovations does it REALLY need? Structural? Electrical? Or are you talking ugly wallpaper and dated kitchen? If I were you, I'd not want to lose out on realtor's fees and mortgage fees you'll incurr if you sell now. I'd hold onto it for a year or two then list it. Can you raise the rent for the rental? Will the house stay standing for another year? Surely you had a home inspection. What problems did they find?
You won't have to pay extra but you will have to figure out a way to sleep in a tent with a newborn, carry him around, keep mosquitos off him and possibly leave a workshop if he gets noisy. They're baby-friendly though, and there are always babies of different ages there. You'll find plenty of women (including myself) who'd gladly help you carry your lunch plate while you carry your little one. Will you feel up to it being postpartum?
First of all, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't wish it upon anyone and I'm so sorry you're mourning the loss of your dream and partner. I'm no atty, but even if your stbx is declaring bankrupcy, he still has a legal financial responsibility to his children and the courts will look at his income and give you a big chunk of it. His bankrupcy will wipe his debt slate clean but also insure he can't buy a home in the next 7 years, and so long as he...