or Connect

Posts by icxcnika

Backstory: I have a 2mo son who is my first uncircumcised boy. At our first well-baby checkup, our doctor looked at him with great concern, saying that the opening in his foreskin was very small, and that he had phimosis since it was not retractable at all.  He recommended that we circumcise him to prevent future infections and gave me a referral to a urologist.  He also asked if my son had had any trouble urinating.  He definitely hasn't had any problem urinating--plenty...
Where I'm planning to give birth, it's listed as an option to refuse triple dye on babe's umbilical cord stump.  Is there any reason to refuse?  Of all the research I've done in the past, that one has never really been so much as a topic of conversation!  
Okay, under the screw-top lid, there used to be a safety seal that was kind of a layered plastic/cardboard/foil-ish thing, with print on the top.  It had at least one little "tab" along the circumference.  However, when I have gone to buy Sunbutter over the past few months or so, I've been finding instead that when the screw-top lid is removed, there's only some kind of thin foil seal over the top of the jar, with three little pinholes near the center.  There's some kind...
I have an opportunity to apply for a (legitimate!) medical claims processing job that can be done from home.  Before looking at the job description, I was under the impression that it would mostly be data entry (I type very quickly).  However, it seems that there is more to this particular job than data entry...does anyone here do medical claims processing specifically, and if so can you tell me exactly what it entails?  I am having a lot of second thoughts about even...
I'm planning to sew a maternity skirt (approximately knee-length, with a stretchy waistband that's intended to be worn lower, under the belly button, kind of like this style of jeans: http://www.fortyweeks.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/blue-maternity-jeans.jpg).  Since it's meant to be worn lower, should I cut the front of the skirt a little shorter than the back?  Or should I just make the skirt the same length around?  My "butt allowance" in the back is minimal, but...
Mine has taken over a year every time; the shortest gap was 14 months (then sporadically for several months) and the longest gap was about 2 years..  Sounds like you're fine!
So with afterpains typically being more intense after subsequent births, I am a little nervous.  My afterpains were very intense after the birth of baby #3, even with a steady dose of ibuprofen.  With baby #4, I'd like to be more educated about ways to help manage them better.  Does anyone have a favorite remedy (such as crampbark) or a favorite combination tincture (such as this one: http://inhishands.com/Afterease.231)? Does RRL tea have any effect?  (I know it's a...
Thank you all for your ideas...the removable labels sound just perfect! :D
As a learning aid for studying a second language, I'd like to label various items around the house. But what kind of labels should I use? I'd like something that's a)readily available and relatively inexpensive b)is sturdy enough to withstand younger (toddler) siblings, yet that won't damage things like walls and furniture. Anyone?? Thank you so much!
I agree with what changingseasons said...I am shocked your doctor would be so cavalier about what was so obviously a fairly substantial egg allergy. Definitely have your little one tested (I would request a RAST test or similar). If your doctor cannot provide one, see an allergist (or get a referral from your regular doctor). From what you describe, it is very necessary to have more information about your little one's allergy/ies asap, and if they are as severe as...