or Connect

Posts by kristin0713

Just wanted to add, my library had a copy of The Reluctant Dragon that was retold as a picture book.  My DD is 5yo and enjoyed it, I think because she also enjoys St. George and the Dragon, and St. George is a character in this book.  This is the version my library has: http://www.amazon.com/Reluctant-Dragon-Robert-San-Souci/dp/0439455812/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300313361&sr=1-1
I've been working through RightStart Level A with my almost 5yo DD this year, and my almost 3yo tags along.  We absolutely love it.  I have said this on here before and I will say it again--we went with RS essentially because my DH was very impressed by the program when we were at a homeschool conference over the summer.  After talking to the woman at the RS booth, he said to me, "THIS is what I do in my head and what I'm always trying to explain to you!!"  He is a math...
I would not in the situation you describe.  Worst case scenario, they take your kids and/or put you in jail and you are separated from them.  I can't even imagine what a nightmare that would be, especially in a country that is inefficient and corrupt as you say.  That could very much work against you. 
  As someone who had to unlearn a lot of bad habits from poor initial instruction, I agree completely with this.  I studied piano for 20 years and even taught lessons for several, but I still want my kids studying music from other teachers. 
I've had DD in a Kindermusik program since she was a baby.  This year she has been in KM Young Child 1 where they are learning to read music and they just started out with their first "real" instrument--a glockenspiel.  I love that they start with this because it will make for a great transition to piano.  I can't say enough good things about the KM program.  DD is getting an incredible foundation in music and has really developed a love for it. 
First, I think everyone should read this article:  http://www.lilipoh.com/articles/2007/fall2007/teaching_children.aspx  It talks about brain development, connections between motor skills and reading readiness, and the pitfalls of pushing reading too early.  Very eye-opening.    The author of Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons has a computer program that is free to download THIS MONTH only!  It's normally $249. http://funnix.com/  It is a DISTAR...
I'm in NJ where it is not legal to sell, but there is a store near me that brings it in from PA.  It's $9/gallon.  Cream and cheese is a lot more...out of our budget.
I've taken the bus to Port Authority which is around 42nd.  I am just a tourist when it comes to NYC so I don't know if that would be a better option for you or not
Well, I can tell you that there are a lot of homeschoolers in NJ and a lot of people commute to the city from north Jersey.  The property taxes here are unbelievable and the cost of living is high, especially in the really nice areas.  But it is easy to homeschool here--you basically can do whatever you want and don't have to answer to anyone.  There are a lot of trains and buses that go into Manhattan from all over.  NJ has different parts of the state that are so...
PM sent, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!