or Connect

Posts by moonshine

re: brain cells. I guess I haven't thought about it, but they do seem to return after nursing is over. DD2 weaned almost 2 years ago, and yes, I feel a bit more normal. No run today. Did yoga with yogatoday.com instead. (mamabeth, do you still do them?) It has been a really long time since I did yoga, and I could tell. The one I did was to strengthen wrists, among other things. (mandy, it was yoga for snowboarders) My one wrist is definitely problematic, and it...
Ha, ST, you could have totally called me. And yes, myofacial release is the concept that if you have something wrong with your foot, it could totally lead to a neck pain. There are anatomy trains (which I have not studied) that describe the route, so to speak. I only ever had it done to me in school and I didn't think that it hurt particularly, but of course I wasn't getting anything treated. You apply pressure (and no lube) with a forearm, for example, and VERY...
Jess, myofacial release falls in the massage category (as in, there are therapists who do it). Technically, I could do it, although I did not specialize in it. Essentially, you are moving very slowly over a large area in order to release the fascia. The concept being that you can work on releasing the muscles (or for that matter, the bones) all you want, but if the fascia is all verklempt, it will only pull everything back. I did learn it in school, and would feel...
I have just run two days in a row. Hoping to do a 5K on May 2. Running on the beach: make sure you run on the packed sand when the tide is going OUT. Otherwise, forget it. to you Mamas who are having tough times.
Quote: Originally Posted by babybugmama Okay and the big reason for my post today, I need some advice from anyone who is a vegetarian. Dd has decided she doesn't want to eat meat. I am a carnivore. Sorry...just the way it is. But I know lots of protein sources, my question for you lovely ladies is...how best to get a complete protein? I know pinto beans and corn bread will do it...anything else? She likes beans by the way so that's a great protein...
Clicked reply to add my 2cents to the PT discussion and of course there is already a PT ad at the top of the screen. My mom came and PT'ed DD1 for me. She used the learn it in a day method. She was just a little over 2 and it worked quite well. I tried with DD2 (before she was 2) and we ran into a battle of wills, so I let it go. She eventually figured it out herself at about 2y3m. TG. I didn't know how I was going to do that again. Thank goodness they all...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommajb That wedgie is gonna hurt. DH was sitting next to me when I was reading this, and wanted to know why I was laughing. I actually went to the trouble of explaining it all to him, and when I got to mommajb's punchline, he also thought it was hysterical. (too often when you bother to explain, it isn't always so funny to the other person. i was gratified that he thought it was as funny as I did!)
BBM, I would love to read what you wrote as well. My email is clsmiller at yahoo.com. (or it is also on the yahoo group as well as facebook ) No running since last week. Had a rough couple of days, emotionally and didn't do much of anything. I might be inclined to go tomorrow, but I am not sure if my schedule will allow for it.