or Connect

Posts by moonshine

:
Quote: Originally Posted by 1jooj Ugh. We're invited for dinner tonight. Dh and I both really hate going anywhere Sunday night. We like a quiet night, prepping for the week. When we are invited for dinner, it turns into a late night and a chaotic morning. Ah well... Saying no is not an option?
Randomly popping in: JenLove, with DD1, once labor started I 1) went back to sleep for 2 hours, and 2) made raspberry lavender rice pudding. Hey, at least we had something to eat the next day. I then got in the tub, laid around a labored for some hours, and following the advice I got from the childbirth we took, went to the hospital when I could no longer speak in complete sentences. My water broke in the car on the way, and I was 9 cm once we got there. DD was born...
Posting to mark my spot. Have not been doing a good job keeping up with this thread. DD1 asked me last night if we could do a race again. Maybe she will be the one to motivate me to get my butt in gear!
Finally subbing to this thread. Sort of caught up on last month's, but not even trying on this one. Still no forward motion for me, but at least I have been thinking about it. Well, no, I just need to get out and do it. Still feeling like I am trying to get back to normal after the holidays/bdays. I had a friend staying with me for a week who just left last week, so maybe now "normal" life will resume. Although DH is home a lot now, due to a massive slowing of...
Whew, just caught up after a few days off MDC. My DD2 turned 5 the day before 1jooj's, and planning a bday (and party) right before Christmas (with another bday party to plan for in 2 weeks) is just a bit much. My sister was here for a few days, so we were catching up too. It is butt cold here today. And supposed to be in the 50s and raining on Christmas Eve. : I am sure that I had much more to say, but after all the reading, thoughts aren't forming so well in my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Penelope I just want to affirm that your feelings are legitimate and that he might change, or might not, but that you can take care of yourself and be happy even without him changing. Amen, sister. RM, thinking of you. It just sounds....hard. DrJ, . I hope you are able to figure out some manageable changes for you. Callie, congrats!! HBM, how sweet. JenLove, what a cute belly. Geo, you sound so put...
bec, I won't be doing the race, but if you have some extra time in NYC, would love to get together! All of you talking about such frigid weather, the past two days have been like spring here. Like a balmy 60. My cold seems to be on the retreat. Still not feeling perfect, but at least I don't feel so sick. And now, to take myself to bed with my book.
So Jess, how much CLO do you take and which brand? I used to get Blue Ice but now have Carlson, which I believe is also high doses of vit A&D? I have been really neglectful of taking it (as in, not at all) and have been very slack about giving it to the kids. Speaking of nutrition, every time I took emergenC yesterday, I added liquid Mg (which also gets depleted when you are sick) and got no where near bowel tolerance. Guess my body is using lots of Mg. I would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by moonshine DD and I have to finish our cookies later this afternoon. I ran out of steam last night and the kids were already staying up late. They watched Frosty at 8pm (their normal bedtime) and then there was another Christmas special afterwords, but they both opted to go to bed instead of staying up to watch it. After we got back from school, we finished making the Christmas presents that they had started (bookmarks) and...