or Connect

Posts by jocelyndale

It's been a month since you posted--how are you feeling?  How is life?   There's no way to know where life will take any child, but it's really hard to know with micropreemies.  One day at a time is all you can do.   You'll probably feel rather isolated this winter.  Staying a bit reclusive is a must during flu and RSV season.  It's worth it, though.  And yeah, you may find that your stance on vaccines and preventative medicine has changed or is more flexible--that's...
I try to go every few years.  I like to stay in touch with extended family and it's good to have that touchstone if the kids ever decide they want to remain in closer contact.   It's harder for us because of multiple food allergies and very food-centric events/families.  We make it work.
My son screamed in the car for the first two years.  No matter the seat, no matter the position, no matter how short/long the trip.  We tried moving him to a cushy convertible, we tried installing it at a more upright angle, moving the seat from the side to the middle and back.  Nothing helped.   At two, he started tolerating rides up to 15-20 minutes.  Sometimes.  A few months later, he was a dream in the car as long as he had someone sitting in back to entertain...
I can't stand Daiya except in tiny amounts (of the wedge-style) on a sandwich. It's gummy and sticky.  The shredded Daiya resulted in two wasted pizzas.  (And we're GF, so those crusts were both handmade and not cheap.)  The exception is the Amy's GFDFSF frozen mac&cheese, but it's still a bit sticky/gummy.  Bleagh.   My best advice is to seek other alternatives.  Nothing is the same as cheese, especially in the beginning.  Let your palate have a break and give it...
Do you really want your younger children to grow up knowing you condone the verbal and emotional abuse of your daughter? Look at it that way.  
My son chose to move to his own room when his baby sister arrived.  He realized he didn't want to be woken up by her a few times a night.  He was five years old.   DH went with him.    He also wanted more sleep.  
The property owner should be responsible for the water bill excess given the leak in the service line.  You're a renter and can't maintain things like that.
Hrm.  My situation was a bit different.  DD came at 28w and I was told to not worry at all about caffeine.  Reason?  She was getting IV (and then oral) caffeine, so her levels were being checked, anyhow. The neonatologists and LCs did reassure me that they didn't worry about maternal caffeine intake while breastfeeding.  I took at least one walk to my favorite coffee shop every day during our 3mo NICU stay.  I generally drank a medium latté, sometimes with an extra shot...
Glad all is working out.   My son nursed on one side from about 12-14mo until he self weaned at 4y.   Wasn't a big deal for me.
I have a short torso, so nursing pillows weren't helpful for me.  My lap is the pillow.     Really big boobs mean that the baby's head might rest on your wrist instead of the crook of your arm.  Don't worry, the numbness eventually goes away.     Rolled up prefolds/washcloths under the breast help with support while nursing.  Bonus--they soak up boobsweat and milk drips.  I tried one of the udder wedge support/pillow things, but preferred rolled...