or Connect

Posts by laketahoemama

I used to volunteer for American Red Cross, but wasn't too happy there, although I learned a lot. I found my current organization through this site: http://www.volunteermatch.org/ I work at a domestic violence shelter, they provide services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse. I love volunteering here, they are a wonderful organization. I work with the children's program and with the safe house program, and my son can come with me and...
What I really can't imagine is why you would continue to touch someone while telling them to ask you politely to stop. That seems absurd!
I'm a pretty mellow person most of the time, but I'm also a survivor of abuse and if someone told me to "use my words" and "ask politely" while continuing to put their hands on me, they'd end up regreting it. In a parent-child situation, I don't touch my child when he doesn't want me to, unless he's going to be in some kind of physical danger. I want him to know that he can tell anyone, especially people bigger than him and people that are in a position of authority...
: Yay :
I went ot animal control again this morning and the lady there told me that when they contacted the owners the first time that the officer gave them a ticket for their dogs being unlicensed and that they said they would correct the problem(this was before sat night). She recommended I file a citizens arrest citation, so that's what I did : But really I'm very sad that we couldn't just settle this as neighbors. If they had come to me with some issue about us bothering...
Quote: Originally Posted by oneKnight Crank up the stereo and wake their sorry butts up too? Seriously, I'd call the cops, which appears what you plan to do. But if that doesn't work, plan B is always to "fight fire with fire" and wake them up too because it *IS* the owner's problem, not the dog's. It would be sad if they got rid of the dog just because they were too lazy to try to curb it's barking, but that wouldn't be your fault. We've...
What a hateful thing to do! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that I don't understand how someone could do something like that. I hope you work it out and don't receive any more calls.
Quote: Originally Posted by cristeen After hours, animal control is usually closed here, so we have to call the cops. We actually had a similar neighbor/dog issue, with the neighbor claiming he was "just being a dog", but refusing to train him or discipline him. When the cop came to their door, the dog barked the entire time he was there, and he told them flat out that he couldn't blame us for being ticked, since that was *really* annoying (as well as...
I'm in Truckee. Welcome to the area!
I am in tears over a confrontation with my neighbor whose dog wakes me and my dh at night, and keeps us awake most times, several times per week. I went over there at about 11:30 tonight and asked the woman who answered the door how they sleep with their dogs barking all night. she shrugged and told me it was because there was a bear out there.: I asked her if there was somewhere else they could keep the dog at night so he wasn't exposed to wildlife, then she told...